Pathophysiology of Abdominal Pain or Stomach Ache Include
Ulcer: Ulcer is most common in stomach and duodenum. Ulcer causes severe pain, often mostly after food intake. Ulcer pain responds to antacids.
Obstruction: Bowel obstruction causes distention of intestine or large bowel, stretching of intestinal or bowel external wall generate severe sharp and squeezing pain.
Enlarged Organ:Hepatoma, splenomegaly stretches the organ and the peritoneal covering causing severe pain.
Ischemic Pain: Lack of blood supply or ischemia of intra abdominal organ can cause severe pain as seen in ischemic bowel disease or embolism of mesenteric blood vessels.
- Abdominal Pain: What Can Cause Pain in the Stomach?
- What Can Cause Upper Abdominal Pain?
- Treatment Options for Abdominal Pain or Stomach Ache
- Differential Diagnosis for Abdominal Pain or Stomach Ache
- Symptoms of Abdominal Pain or Stomach Ache
- Causes of Abdominal Pain or Stomach Ache
- Types of Abdominal Pain or Stomach Ache Based on Organ Systems