Massage therapy is a type of manual therapy involving many different techniques. Massage therapist use their hands to massage, knead, rub, press etc. in order to manipulate the muscles and soft tissues of the body. Massage is mostly done using hands and fingers, but may also be done using forearms, elbows or feet. Massage therapy has been around for centuries and is extremely beneficial in many conditions and in relieving pain. We have given a brief overview of some massage techniques for specific conditions such as Massage For Frozen Shoulder, Massage For Hip Pain Relief, Piriformis Syndrome Massage Treatment and Groin Massage Techniques. To know more in detail about MASSAGE THERAPY, its history, benefits, side effects and other techniques and types of massages, please visit our "MASSAGE THERAPY" section on the left side menu where additional sub topics with detailed information are given.
Frozen shoulder causes pain and stiffness in the shoulder and the inability to lift the arm above the head. Massage therapy or treatment done regularly does wonders for alleviating the shoulder pain and relaxing the stiff shoulder muscles. The various massage techniques for frozen shoulder include:
- Deep Tissue Massage for Frozen Shoulder.
- Trigger Point Therapy for Frozen Shoulder.
- Swedish Massage for Frozen Shoulder.
- Heat Therapy for Frozen Shoulder.
To know in detail about these techniques please refer to "Massage for Frozen Shoulder" under the "Massage Therapy" section on the left side menu.
Chronic hip pain due to an old injury can be very infuriating. Massage therapy is very beneficial in alleviating chronic pain and increasing the range of motion. Massage therapy helps in healing and strengthening of the muscle tissue which in turn prevents re-injuries. Deep tissue massage is especially helpful in relieving hip pain. This technique is done by concentrating on the realignment of the connective tissue layers and the deep muscles. The massage therapist uses deep pressure with slow strokes on the painful regions. To know more about this, please refer to "Massage for Hip Pain Relief" under the "Massage Therapy" section on the left side menu.
When the piriformis muscle presses on the sciatic nerve, it results in a Piriformis Syndrome. The symptoms include pain, numbness, tingling from the lower thigh towards the legs. Massage therapy done in conjunction with ice massage is very helpful in giving immediate relief. Some therapists also alternate heat and ice massage for prompt pain relief. To know more about the benefits of this massage, please refer to "Piriformis Syndrome Massage Treatment," under the "Massage Therapy" section on the left side menu.
A groin strain is a painful condition which occurs when the adductor muscles get affected. This is commonly seen in athletes or sports persons. There are various types of massages done for a groin pull, such as ice massage, sports massage etc. For detailed information, please refer to Groin Massage Techniques under the "Massage Therapy" section on the left side menu.
Other Massage Therapy Topics Which are Covered in This Section:
- What is Massage Therapy?
- Regular Massage Can Decrease Migranes
- What is Sports Massage?
- Scoliosis Massage Therapy
- Types of Massage
- Sports Massage Techniques
- Side Effects of Massage Therapy
- Massage for Neck Pain Relief
- Massage Therapy For Muscles Spasm
- Massage Therapy For Edema
- Massage Therapy Can Do Wonders In Treating Carpal
- Massage Therapy for Diabetics
- Massage Therapy for Gout
- Massage Therapy for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Massage Therapy for Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Massage Therapy for Sciatic Nerve Pain
- Massage Therapy for Pulled Hamstring or Hamstring Strain
- Massage Therapy For Osteoarthritis
- Massage Therapy for Rotator Cuff Tendonitis
- Massage Therapy for Bulging Disc
- Massage Therapy For Disc Herniation or Herniated Disc
- Massage Therapy for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome