Tarlov Cyst or Perineural Cysts: Prevention, Social Security, Prognosis, Coping
The tarlov cyst or perineural cysts can become dangerous when they are symptomatic i.e. when they show symptoms and can compress the spine nerve root endings causing extreme back pain and other problems. In this section of the article you will read about the prevention of tarlov cyst or perineural cyst, applying for social security disability (SSD), prognosis/outlook and coping tips for tarlov cyst or perineural cyst.
Prevention of Tarlov Cyst or Perineural Cyst
Because of the lack of studies and researches, so far there are no clear guidelines for prevention of tarlov cyst or perineural cyst.
Applying for Social Security Disability (SSD) for Tarlov Cyst or Perineural Cyst
Social security disability benefits are available for eligible patients with tarlov cyst or perineural cyst. Although most of the cases of tarlov cyst or perineural cyst can be treated with full relief from pain and symptoms, there are some rare cases where none of the therapies work and you are unable to return to work. The world does not end here for you as you have the aid of social security disability (SSD). You can apply for SSD who will inspect your case and if everything is found relevant and correct, you will be granted an insurance to help you lead your life easily with assurance. Thus, there is someone who has a similar case must seek help by contacting the Social Security Administration (SSA) via the internet at www.ssa.gov. You can find all the details about the procedure and formalities that are required to seek the insurance for tarlov cyst or perineural cyst. You can also refer to attorneys in your area to help you out with the procedure. You can find their contact information from the local phone directory.
It must be noted that only those individuals who have paid all the social security taxes on time during their job are eligible for availing the Social Security disability insurance program for tarlov cyst or perineural cyst.
Social security is a special scheme designed for those individuals who are unable to return to work at least for a year or more due to some disease or medical problem. Someone who is suffering from a critical illness, which may lead to death, can also avail the benefits. The definition of disability is strictly as per defined the Federal Law. Some programs also offer financial help in case of partial or short-term disability.
An individual must meet the following two earning tests to qualify for the disability benefits for tarlov cyst or perineural cyst:
- The first on the list is the "recent work" test that is takes into the account of your age when you lost your ability to work because of tarlov cyst or perineural cyst.
- The second one is the "duration of work" test to make sure that you worked for a minimum defined period under Social Security to get the benefits for tarlov cyst or perineural cyst.
Prognosis/Outcome for Tarlov Cyst or Perineural Cyst
The prognosis/outlook is good for tarlov cyst or perineural cyst. The best part of the tarlov cyst or perineural cyst is that it is not a critical issue and there are no symptoms in most of the cases. In fact there is one percent of the people who show any symptoms of tarlov cyst or perineural cyst. In addition, these symptoms can be easily taken care of with a surgical method that works perfectly for most individuals. Success rate of these surgeries is high with a very little chance of reoccurring. However if the symptoms are ignored and no treatment is taken, tarlov cyst or perineural cyst can result in permanent neurological damage in extreme cases.
Coping with Tarlov Cyst or Perineural Cyst
Below are some coping tips that can be very helpful for the patients struggling with tarlov cyst or perineural cyst and can help them to cope with the pain and other symptoms:
- Knowing about you disease can help in better coping with tarlov cyst or perineural cyst. In case of rare diseases like tarlov cyst or perineural cyst, the first thing you need to do is to start educating yourself about the disease. Collect information about everything related to the disease like causes, symptoms, treatment procedures, risk factors etc... This will give you confidence and help you to cope up with the situation. Fortunately, there are so many articles available on the internet that can be accessed easily using your mobile, laptop or tablet.
- Share your problems with your friends and family in order to better cope with tarlov cyst or perineural cyst. In most of the cases, the fear of being judged by our friends and public makes us not to share our problems. This pushes the individual in the darkness of isolation, which results, into depression. Depression in itself can have adverse effects, which can make the symptoms go worse. Hence, it is best to get out of the shell and share our problems with our family and friends. We must realize that tarlov cyst or perineural cyst can happen to anyone and thus there is nothing to hide or be ashamed.
- Become a member of support group is the best way to cope with tarlov cyst or perineural cyst. Support groups can very helpful in getting the individuals out of depression and bring back happiness in their life. Already there are support groups to help the alcoholics, drug addicts, depressed soldiers from wars and more. Similarly, you can easily search for a support group for individuals suffering from tarlov cyst or perineural cyst and join them. Support groups teach you strategies to manage your pain and get over your symptoms to lead a happy life. There are experts to guide you and help you overcome your problems.
- Keep a hot water bottle or an ice pack for proper coping with tarlov cyst or perineural cyst. It can get very tough for the people suffering with tarlov cyst or perineural cyst to get a nice sleep because of all the physical and mental pain. Bedtime is the hardest part of the day when you can feel lonely and depressed and the pain can make it even worse. You cannot find a comfortable position to sleep. This is where a hot water bottle or an ice pack can do wonders while coping with tarlov cyst or perineural cyst. Just place it under your back and get rid of the pain to give yourself some sleep and rest.
- Educating your coworkers, family members and friends about tarlov cyst or perineural cyst is a good way to cope with it. It is good idea to educate your friends and family about everything that you have learnt about the disease. Friends and family are the main support to help us out in tough situation. Thus by educating them about tarlov cyst or perineural cyst, we can make them understand our situation in a better way. The more they will understand, the easier it will be for us to cope up with the situation. In this way, they can also help us with our symptoms and guide us in our problems.