What Can Cause Abdominal Pain or Navel Pain After Craniotomy?
- Posted By:
- 'Aahmeed Ahmed' on
- 1 Answer
- Pramod Kerkar, MD, FFARCSI, DA
It seems your son had craniotomy and following surgery had abdominal or navel pain. How soon after craniotomy he had abdominal pain. Abdominal pain if started immediately after surgery then he need further investigation and consultation with general Surgeon. Craniotomy surgery is performed while patient lying on his back or stomach. Continuous lying on abdomen (prone) position for prolong period can cause abdominal pain immediately following surgery. If his pain started few days after surgery then his abdominal pain is not cause by positioning during surgery neither related to any brain disease. He should be seen by gastrointestinal specialist as soon as possible to evaluate the cause of pain. The history you provided suggests he should be seen by specialist.
- What Causes Pain Around Belly Button?
- Diagnosis of Belly Button Pain or Umbilical Pain
- Treatment for Belly Button Pain
- Abdominal Pain: What Can Cause Pain in the Stomach?
- Types of Abdominal Pain
- Causes of Abdominal Pain
- Symptoms of Abdominal Pain
- Differential Diagnosis for Abdominal Pain
- Treatment Options for Abdominal Pain