Severe Pain on Left Ischial Tuberosity

I've had this pain for 5 yrs. it's changed my entire life. I've been to 23 dr, PT, CP, Orthopedic. Now pain management. I was on a high dose of opioids, but they did not touch this pain. Numerous injections absolutely nothing has made the pain any better. Other than laying on my right side all day everyday. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Can any type of surgery be done? Pain pump? I can't even drive or ride in a car for more than 15 minutes without crying, pillows still feel like I'm sitting on a brick. My hamstring is fine it's just the ischial tuberosity. I'm really at my wits end here, if anyone has a nurse or a doctor they may ask for advice please, I'm asking you please ask them for me! Thanks in advance
  • Posted By:
  • 'Anynomous' on
  • 07/14/2016
  • 1418
  • 1 Answer

Answered By:

  • Pramod Kerkar, MD, FFARCSI, DA
  • Pramod Kerkar, MD, FFARCSI, DA

The history suggests you have extremely severe pain on left ischial tuberosity. You are unable to sit for more than few minutes and may be able to walk for a short distance. You have tried all treatment options except pump. You probably had all radiological studies such as MRI, CT Scan and X-Ray. I would suggest you should consult an experienced Pain Specialist who is Board Certified in Pain Management. The diagnosis of cause of pain is important. In most cases removal of cause removes chronic pain. Pain pump is a last option of treatment for chronic pain. The pain pump is considered when all other options of treatment have failed and you are not addicted to opioid. Pain pump is expensive and safe. Please consult a pain specialist for further investigations and options of treatment. Only few pain specialists are experienced in management of pump patients. Please click on following link to read the article about the chronic pain and pain pump.

Also Read:

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

We'll help you live each day to the healthiest