- Arthroscope is a tubular camera
- Physician sees through eye piece the distal image of the joint
- Same image is displayed on television screen
- Image is of high quality
- Procedure is performed to eliminate cause of ankle joint pain
- Remove loose tissue or fragments of cartilages and ligaments
- Treat fracture of medial malleolus
- Repair Tendon Tear
- Repair Ligament Tear
- Local anesthesia is injected in skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- Numbness is checked prior to insertion of arthroscope.
- Marking pen is used to mark the skin where the arthroscope and cannula will be inserted
- Arthroscope and cannula inserted on either side of ankle joint
- If necessary X-Ray machine or image intensifier is used to check the joint and insertion of the instruments.
- Image intensifier is used during procedure to check the position of the arthroscope.
- Arthroscope is placed within tibio-fibular joint or tibio-talus joint
- Scope is used to identify anatomy of tendon, cartilages and ligaments
- Arthroscope is used to observed the joint and joint abnormalities
- Cannula is used to irrigate joint, inject medications and pass equipments
- Loose fragments are removed.
- Damage cartilage is removed.
- Repair of torn Ligament.
- Repair of tendon.