Abdominal bloating isn’t so serious. It is a condition wherein the belly appears to be swollen (distended) and you always feel tight and full, either you eat that much or not.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Abdominal Bloating:
Fennel seed work as a wonder when suffering from digestive problem like abdominal bloating due to its carminative, pain-reducing property, diuretic and anti microbial property.
- Chewing of fennel seed is beneficial after a meal or hot fennel tea works great when suffering from abdominal bloating.
- Put fennel seed powder in boiling water, cover and keep it aside and drink it after cooling it.
Ginger contains active ingredients such as gingerol and shogaols which are pungent compounds that are helpful in reducing the inflammation caused in the intestine and relaxing the intestinal muscle.
- Put 5 to 6 julienne ginger into a cup, add honey or lemon juice and then pour some hot boiling water into it. cover and keep aside for about ten minutes and drink it.
There are certain compounds in peppermint that relaxes the smooth muscles in the stomach by helping the food to pass through the stomach easily and quickly. It helps to relieve spasms in the gastrointestinal tract, bile duct and gall bladder.
- You can chew on fresh peppermint leaves for relief from bloating or can make peppermint tea by boiling the leaves for 10 to 15 mins and drink it.
Pumpkin happens to be helpful in preventing abdominal bloating. It contains vitamin a, fiber and potassium which is helpful in digestion.
- A cup of pumpkin in your meal is good and helpful for proper digestion and prevents abdominal bloating.
- Steam it or bake it or broil or include it in your daily cooking, pumpkin is good for abdominal bloating.
Tips To Prevent Abdominal Bloating
- Avoid smoking.
- Stay away from chewing gums and carbonated drinks.
- Try and avoid foods that can cause flatulence such as turnips, beans, brussels sprouts, cabbage, and lentils.
- Avoid some carbohydrates which contain fructose, also known as fodmaps.
- Do not eat too quickly.