Home Remedies for Nail Pitting or Pitted Nails
Sometimes, the home remedies give wonderful results for nail pitting or pitted nails. People today are taking more care of their nails. Some of the home remedies for pitting of nails are as follows:
- Before you conclude anything about the problem, find out the real problem in nails. Growth of nail fungus can be a root of every nail problem.
- You must moisturize your nail and add nutrition to your diet. Consume food that includes enough vitamins and minerals, to eradicate the problem of nail pitting or pitted nails with simple home remedies.
- Tea tree oil is an effective home remedy and is often used to keep away the problem of nail pitting or pitted nails. It is also a strong antiseptic and fights against fungus and microorganism that sometimes grow in the nails. The oil can be applied in a drop or two in the stained nails.
- Some women tend to clip their cuticles. But, it can be upsetting, if you have nail pitting or pitted nails. Clippings remove the protective layer and make it vulnerable to attack of fungi and bacteria.
Water-A Wonderful Home Remedy for Nail Pitting or Pitted Nails
Water is one of the great therapies to treat nail pitting or pitted nails. The ayurvedic clinics and health spas perform various aqua or water therapies for nail pitting or pitted nails. Few doctors are now recommend water therapy to cure nail psoriasis.
Diet for Nail Pitting or Pitted Nails
If you want to protect your nails from problems like nail pitting or pitted nails, proper diet is necessary. Healthy and balanced diet are considered as one of the most successful home remedies for pitting of nails. Taking fast food is very harmful that aggravates conditions like psoriasis which in turn can cause nail pitting or pitted nails.
Home Remedy for Nail Pitting or Pitted Nails Using Epsom Salt
Epsom Salt is another effective home remedy to get rid of the problem of pitting of nails. Soak your nails more than 15 minutes in a solution of Epsom salt. It removes the pitted layer very easily. But, what is important to use warm water instead of hot water. Wash your nail away once the water is cooled and dry them immediately with a cloth.
Consuming Spices Can be a Useful Home Remedy for Nail Pitting or Pitted Nails
People who are suffering from pitting of nails might also suffer out of pain. But the level of intensity of the pain of the nail can vary depending on the level of immunity and the depth of the disease. The consumption of some spices is very important. Among them capsaicin, black pepper are useful. They boost body heat and relieve the body parts that is affected with pain. These spices will go in within body and block the communication system in the sensory nerve path.
Home Remedy for Nail Pitting or Pitted Nails Using Neem Oil
Neem or indian lilac is one of the wonderful home remedies that help in getting rid of the pollutants on the skin and benefits health also. The neem oil is very effective in treating the condition of nail pitting or pitted nails. The use of the oil is very easy. Add a drop of neem oil over each of the nails and it will treat the nail imperfections.
Salicyclic Acid for Nail Pitting or Pitted Nails
Few people frequently use salicyclic acid because it can bought from any medical store without any prescription from general physician. The mild nail psoriasis, gets cured with salicyclic acid. It is, in reality, a wonderful home remedy. It helps to peel away the exterior layer. It keeps the nail smooth and in good level.
Vinegar for Nail Pitting or Pitted Nails
Vinegar contains alkaline, which is really efficient in treating the condition of nail pitting or pitted nails at home. After applying the vinegar over the fingernails, leave it for 5 five minutes, and then wash it away with cold water. Improper washing with little water might further damage the nails or the skin layers that envelop your nail surroundings.
Vitamin D for Nail Pitting or Pitted Nails
It is well known that Vitamin D contains a variety of health benefits that help people get rid of the different diseases. Now, this can be easily a useful home remedy treat the problem of pitting of the nails. If you are one of the the sufferers of nail pitting or pitted nail, add D vitamin to your diet (or get some regular sunlight in the morning) and it will be very helpful.
Natural Remedies for Nail Pitting
The below mentioned are the natural remedies for nail pitting or pitted nails:
- Nail pitting or pitted nails can also be caused because of mal nourishment. Slippery elm powder taken before meals helps pick up mineral absorption in the small intestines and can be an effective natural remedy for pitting of nails.
- Herbs which help to enhance the appearance of the nails as well as treat pitting of nails naturally are Horestail, Gotu Kola, and Oats
- Choline, Vitamin B, Biotin & Inositol are all important nutrients to develop the quality and appearing of the hair, skin and nails and can be effective natural remedy for pitting of the nails.
- The essential component for the development of nails, skin and hair are the minerals silica, calcium, iron and zinc. Taking them in sufficient quantity can help in reducing simple nail pitting or pitted nails naturally.
- Consuming essential fatty acids can additionally help in treating nail pitting or pitted nails naturally. Also consume proper amounts of amino acids like Taurine, Methionine and Cysteine.
Lifestyle Changes for Nail Pitting or Pitted Nails
Sometimes mal nutrition can cause nail pitting or pitted nails. Lifestyle changes can help get rid of simple nail pitting or pitted nails:
- Concentrate on any fundamental digestive difficulty that might cause malnutrition such as low absorption rates, leaky gut, hyperacidity, inflammatory bowel syndrome. If you have any of these issues consult a doctor about it so that the malnutrition problems are resolved.
- Recover nutrientional deficiencies
- If you have any immune weaknesses, take proper medications for that and perform regular exercises to boost immunity.
Recovery Period for Nail Pitting or Pitted Nails
The recovery from nail pitting or pitted nails depends on the severity of the pits formed. One or two nail pits are cleared as soon as you take proper care of your nails. But of you have multiple/many nail pitting's then unless the causes of these nail pitting or pitted nails are resolved; the recovery is not going to happen. Finding the cause and resolving the cause will define the recovery rate of nail pitting or pitted nails.
Prevention of Nail Pitting or Pitted Nails
The following are some of the preventive tips for nail pitting or pitted nails:
- Maintain short toenails and fingernails.
- Always make sure to keep the finger and toenails dry.
- Keep your fingernails secure by wearing protective gloves while doing any manual work.
- Do not even think of nail manicures when you have mail pitting as they can cause nail infections
- Do not wear fake nails.
- You can use nail varnish to make your pitted nails look normal. But avoid varnish removers which have acetone. Acetone varnish removers can cause damage to your pitted nails.
- Consult a podiatrist if you are affected with severe and painful toenail psoriasis. Podiatrists are qualified and they can help you.