Nowadays, people tend to use natural remedies especially fruit extracts than harmful cosmetics to take care of their skin. For this purpose, one of the super fruits is kiwi. It is an amazing fruit that helps to beautify your skin as well as your hair in many ways. In this article, we can see 5 skin health benefits of kiwi fruit and its 11 DIY kiwi face mask recipes.
5 Skin Health Benefits Of Kiwi Fruit
Kiwi is a super fruit and one of the greatest sources of vitamin E, vitamin C, omega 3 fatty acids and minerals which are very helpful in making your skin soft, supple and healthy. Kiwi is easily available in the market throughout the year. This juicy fruit is very good in taste. This small sized fruit is loaded with numerous benefits, hence it is excellent for the skin.
Here are the 5 skin health benefits of kiwi fruit.
- Kiwi Works As A Great Exfoliator – Kiwi peel is very beneficial for your skin. You can use the inside of kiwi peel for scrubbing your skin. Daily scrubbing of its peel can make your skin smooth and flawless. This is one of the 5 skin health benefits of kiwi fruit.
- Kiwi Combats Aging Signs – Aging is a natural process that nobody can escape, but it can be delayed by the extra care of your skin. Kiwi is a very good option here. This nutritious fruit fights against signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles and blemishes and gives you a glowing skin. This becomes possible because of the presence of antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids in this fruit.
- Kiwi Makes Your Skin Fairer – Kiwi is very helpful to give you clean, clear and fair skin. It efficiently draws out toxins from your body and makes your entire system clean. It thus helps you to get healthy skin with fair complexion, which is one of the important skin health benefits of kiwi fruit.
- Kiwi Prevents Sun Damage – Kiwi is very powerful in protecting your skin from harmful sun rays as it is a great source of amino acids. Hence, one of the 5 skin health benefits of kiwi fruit is also that it offers protection from sun damage.
- Kiwi Fights With Acne – Kiwi is very helpful in treating acne. It effectively controls the production of oil and sebum on your skin, which is responsible for acne. One of the 5 skin health benefits of kiwi fruit is that it also reduces redness and soothes the inflammation caused by acne.
11 DIY Kiwi Face Mask Recipes
After understanding the benefits of kiwi, let’s move on to the skin health DIY recipes using kiwi. By knowing the DIY recipes, you can easily make your own kiwi face mask and enjoy its skin health benefits.
Here are the best 11 kiwi face mask DIY recipes.
1. Kiwi Face Pack For That Glow
This is one of the 11 kiwi face mask DIY recipes specially aimed at adding glow to your skin. Take 1 tablespoon yoghurt and 1 kiwi fruit. Cut the kiwi into small pieces and mix yoghurt into that. Grind both the ingredients well to make a smooth paste. Now spread this paste evenly on your clean face. Allow it to dry for about 15 minutes. Then wash your face with tepid water. This pack will make your skin amazingly glowing within a few weeks.
2. Kiwi Face Pack To Reduce Signs of Aging
One of the 11 kiwi face mask DIY recipes to fight signs of aging is given here. Take ½ avocado, 1 teaspoon honey, and 1 kiwi fruit. Mash both the fruits properly and add honey to it. Combine the mixture thoroughly until it gets creamy and smooth. Apply the paste on your skin and wash after 15 minutes. This face pack is very effective in reducing signs of ageing.
3. Kiwi Face Pack For Skin Tightening
This kiwi face pack DIY recipe is very effective for skin tightening. Take 1 tablespoon olive oil, pulp of ½ kiwi and 1 egg yolk. Combine all these ingredients well to make a thick and smooth paste. Apply this pack on your clean face for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then rinse this dried pack using water. Regular application of this face mask maintains the tightness of your skin and makes it glowing.
4. Kiwi Face Mask For Fairness
To prepare a face mask DIY recipe for fairness, you need 1 tablespoon gram flour, 1 tablespoon kiwi pulp, and 1 tablespoon powdered almond. Mix all three ingredients well in a small bowl. Smear this thick paste all over your skin and let it dry for about 20 to 30 minutes. Now wash your face with lukewarm water and pat dry. Apply a moisturizer on your skin. This face mask can efficiently make your skin fairer and glowing.
5. Kiwi Face Mask To Remove Blemishes
One of the 11 kiwi face mask DIY recipes focuses on preparing a pack that removes blemishes. For this, take pulp of 1 kiwi and some lemon juice. Place both the ingredients in a clean bowl and mix well. Apply this mixture on skin. Let it be there for about 30 minutes. Now rinse the dried pack with plain water. This face pack is very effective for removing blemishes from your skin.
6. Kiwi Face Mask For Flawless Skin
As a part of DIY recipe for a flawless skin, take 1tablespoon honey and ½ ripe kiwi. Peel and mash the kiwi in a clean bowl. Add honey into this and mix well. Apply this paste on your skin and allow it to dry for around 15 minutes. Then rinse this mask using normal water. It will effectively make the face soft, radiant and flawless.
7. Kiwi Face Mask For Skin Rejuvenation
Take 2 strawberries, pulp of ½ kiwi and ½ cucumber to prepare a kiwi face mask for skin rejuvenation. Blend all these things in a food processor to form a fine paste. Apply it on the skin and wash after 30 minutes. This mask rejuvenates the face and gives it a fresh look.
8. Kiwi Face Mask for Acne Removal
One of the 11 kiwi face mask DIY recipes uses 1 tablespoon sandalwood powder and 1 tablespoon kiwi pulp. Place sandalwood powder and kiwi pulp in a clean bowl and mix well. Apply it all over your face and neck. Leave it to dry for about 15 minutes. Now, wash it with cold or normal water. This amazing face pack not only keeps your skin cool but also makes it free from acne.
9. Kiwi Face Mask For Healthy Skin
Take 1 ripe kiwi and a few grapes to prepare a kiwi face mask for healthy skin. Take out the pulp of both the ingredients and mash properly. Mix well until it turns into a paste. Apply it evenly on the skin. Let it dry for about 15 minutes. Rinse the mask using water. This face pack is brilliant to make your skin healthy, hence is included in the 11 kiwi face mask DIY recipes.
10. Kiwi Face Mask For Soft and Smooth Skin
This kiwi face mask DIY recipe is for soft and smooth skin. Take 1 ripe mashed banana, pulp of 1 kiwi and 1 tablespoon yoghurt. Place all these ingredients in a bowl and combine well. Apply this paste to the face avoiding the lips and eye areas. Leave it for about 30 minutes and then rinse it using water. This face pack maintains skin hydration level and makes it soft and smooth.
11. Kiwi As A Skin Toner
To make a kiwi face pack that acts as a skin toner, take 1 tablespoon kiwi juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Combine both the liquids well and apply to the face with the help of a cotton pad. Let it dry for about 15-20 minutes and then wash it with water. You can use this mixture in place of your regular skin toner.
These are the 5 benefits of kiwi fruit and 11 DIY kiwi face mask recipes. Include it to your beauty regime to make your skin healthy.