Shoulder and neck pain are some of the most common health concerns these days. With the increasing use of computer and other gadgets, many people experience it regularly. There can be various reasons for shoulder and neck pain. Identifying the severity and pain level, your treatment options may vary. Know some of the important nutrients and vitamins to take for shoulder and neck pain.
Important Vitamins to Take for Shoulder and Neck Pain
One of the main reasons for pain in any part of the body is deficiency of essential vitamins and minerals. Deficiency of essential vitamins can affect shoulder and neck pain too. It can aggravate or cause various kinds of body pains such as joint pain, including neck pain or shoulder pain. The deficiency can not only lead to deterioration of joints but can also cause excruciating pain.
Consuming essential vitamins through diet and other related supplements can help you get some relief from such shoulder and neck pain. One of the major ways to treat this pain is to be aware of the important vitamins to take for shoulder and neck pain.
Benefits of taking Vitamins C and E for Managing Shoulder and Neck Pain
One of the important vitamins to take for shoulder and neck pain are vitamins C and E. Oranges are a rich source of these vitamins and help in maintaining strong shoulder and neck muscles and provides relief in pain.
- Vitamin C plays an essential role in manufacturing of collagen, setting up framework for muscles and helps building strong ligaments and tendons that can help manage and prevent shoulder and neck pain. Vitamin C promotes healing and ensures good blood circulation in the body. Quantity of 75 or 90 mg per day of Vitamin C is required for women and men respectively. Best source of vitamin C includes strawberries, oranges, grapes and sweet red pepper.
- Another important vitamin to take for shoulder and neck pain is Vitamin E. It helps in cell repair and promotes healing, thus helping in shoulder and neck pain. It helps in easing shoulder and neck pain by detoxifying the body and healing.
Benefits of Taking Vitamin B5, B12 and B6 for Shoulder and Neck Pain
Various studies have proved that Vitamin B5 and B12 can also help in improving the function of red blood cells and nerves in your body.
- B5 is an anti-stress vitamin and helps in reducing stress related hormones. It helps in maintaining blood flow and in healing shoulder and neck muscles. Basically the essential components present in Vitamin B5 help in faster healing of shoulder and neck muscles. Recommended daily intake of vitamin B5 is around 5 mg. It is usually found in egg, chicken, sweet potato, avocado and mushroom.
- Vitamin B12 can also help in strengthening the nerves in your body that connect between spine and brain. It also helps in increasing bone density. It is found in red meat and eggs.
- Another important vitamin to take for shoulder and neck pain and as a good alternative is Vitamin B6. It helps in releasing neurotransmitters which help in lowering chronic pain.
Overall the entire vitamin B complex is one of the essential and important vitamins to take for shoulder and neck pain. These are found in fresh fruits and vegetables, green leafy vegetables, dry fruits, whole grains and dairy.
Benefits of Taking Vitamin D for Shoulder and Neck Pain
One of the most important vitamins to take for shoulder and neck pain is Vitamin D. It is extremely important in protecting joints and bones in your body and also considered to be a powerful anti-inflammatory agent. It helps in better absorption of calcium, thereby ensuring strong bones.
- Deficiency of vitamin D is considered to be the major cause of metabolic condition that affects bone mineralization and also causes rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults. Adequate supply of vitamin D can help control various bone problems which culd be causing shoulder and neck pain.
- Vitamin D works with calcium to help in producing stronger bones and also help in aching shoulder and neck muscles. Daily intake of vitamin D is around 600 to 800 units every day. Vitamin D is usually found in fortified food, sardines, and salmon. Our body requires regular exposure of sunlight to prepare Vitamin D.
Other nutrients like minerals too are as necessary as important vitamins to take for shoulder and neck pain. Calcium and magnesium are two of the most important key minerals that help in improving muscular function and help to maintain bone density. They also help in relieving problems like muscle stiffness and spasms thus preventing sore shoulders and necks. Magnesium also helps to relieve nerve compression symptoms related to shoulder and neck pain.
Similarly other minerals like iron, zinc, sodium, do have their own significance and must be taken by having healthy balanced meals. However, the important vitamins to take for shoulder and neck pain can work as miracles in preventing and managing the pain. You can consider taking vitamin supplements after consulting your physician.
- Neck Pain or Cervicalgia: Types, Causes, Pathophysiology, Symptoms, Treatment, Exercises, Tests
- Simple Remedies For Relieving Neck Pain
- Massage for Neck Pain Relief
- Physiotherapy Management for Neck Pain
- Can Neck Pain Cause Shoulder Pain?
- Muscle Relaxers for Back and Neck Pain
- How Long Does Neck Pain Last & What to do for it?
- Neck Pain in Teenagers: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Prevention