Home Remedies For Migraine Headache
Migraine headaches are treated with alternative therapy in addition to traditional treatment. Alternative therapies effective in treating migraine are as follows:
- A paste of grinded lemon peel when applied over forehead gives relief from migraine headaches.
- Forehead massage with primrose oil prevents constriction of blood vessels of skull resulting in reduces migraine pain.
- Relapse of migraine headache is prevented by avoiding direct sunlight, smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Put cool cloth with ice bag under your neck and also place a cool cloth over your eyelids.(Add a slide).
- Grape juice without adding water reduces frequency and duration of migraine headaches.
- Eat niacin rich foods to reduce intensity of migraine. Niacin rich foods are fish, whole wheat, yeast, tomatoes, nuts, sunflower seeds, and green leafy vegetables.
- Soak your feet and hands in warm to hot water. Peripheral vasodilation of blood vessels in arms and legs reduces pressure within blood vessels of brain and surrounding tissue. Thus lowers the migraine headache.
- Garlic and chamomile tea helps to reduce migraine pain.
- Make paste of sandalwood powder and apply on the forehead. Rub it off by hand and wash it once it is dry.
- Regular repeated deep-breathing exercises helps to lower your blood pressure and improves brain oxygenation resulting in relief from headache.
- Drinking at least 6 glasses of water per day helps to relieve migraine headaches caused by relative dehydration in few patients.