9 Benefits Of Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Skin And Hair Health
Extra virgin olive oil is the highest quality of olive oil, which is loaded with various vitamins and minerals. This oil is beneficial not only for your health but also for your skin and hair. You can include this oil in your daily beauty care routine and can get rid of highly expensive and full of chemical products. Extra virgin olive oil can be included directly in your diet as well as in your beauty care for getting its best results. Let us look at 9 benefits of extra virgin olive oil for skin and hair health.
9 Benefits Of Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Skin And Hair Health
Extra virgin olive oil is a great source of natural moisturizing agents, vitamins, and minerals. In simple words, it is a complete package for skin care. This oil is also a solution for many skin problems like wrinkles, dark spots, acne, etc. Extra virgin olive oil moisturizes the skin and makes it soft and smooth.
- Moisturizes Skin - It is very important to keep your skin moisturized from inside so as to control skin dryness which causes many skin problems including aging. This is one of the benefits of extra virgin olive oil for your skin health as it deeply moisturizes your skin even in the winter season. It also efficiently repairs the skin of the elbows and knees, which become dark because of dryness.
- Prevents Wrinkles - Are you worried about wrinkles on your face? Here we have a solution for you and that is extra virgin olive oil. Applying it to your face and adding it in your diet can give you relief from wrinkles to a large extent. The presence of anti-oxidants and vitamin E make this oil able to keep your skin away from wrinkles. This is one of the most important benefits of extra virgin olive oil for skin and hair.
- Improves Skin Elasticity - Olive oil improves the elasticity of skin by increasing its natural repairing capacity. Regular application of extra virgin olive oil helps in regenerating the skin cells, which improve its elasticity and keeps the skin supple.
- Reduces Marks - Olive oil can efficiently remove marks on your skin and even the stretch marks. Generally, the stretch marks are very stubborn and it is very difficult to get rid of them. But with this important skin benefit of extra virgin olive oil, you just have to apply it on these marks daily and massage it for some time. This will give you an amazing result within a few days.
- Gives a Glowing Skin - It is very easy to get a glowing skin with the help of extra virgin olive oil. Yes, it is true. If you apply it daily, it will give a natural glow to your skin within a few days. This is indeed a worth mentioning benefit of skin and hair benefits of extra virgin olive oil.
- Works As a Cleanser - One of the 9 benefits of extra virgin olive oil for your skin and hair is that it works as an effective skin cleanser. You can use it as your regular makeup remover. For this, take some extra virgin olive oil in a cotton ball and apply it on your face and massage for 2 minutes. Then wipe it off with a clean cotton ball. This will remove your makeup as well as dirt from your face without making it dry.
- Nourishes the Nails - Brittle and dry nails can be effectively treated with the help of this olive oil. Generally, nails lose their natural color because of the constant use of nail paint. This can also be treated with the help of extra virgin olive oil. For this, simply massage your nails with this oil and leave them for some time. Now wipe off your nails with a cotton pad. One of the 9 skin and hair benefits of extra virgin olive oil is that it can nourish the nails and bring back their natural color and healthy look.
- Improves Scalp Health - Extra virgin olive oil is extremely beneficial for scalp health. For this, just take some olive oil and heat it in a steel container. Now gently massage your scalp with this hot or lukewarm oil. Leave it overnight and the next morning, wash it off with a mild herbal shampoo. One of the 9 skin and hair benefits of extra virgin olive oil is that it prevents the scalp from getting dry. Its moisturizing properties help in treating various scalp problems like dandruff, itching, etc. This treatment is also very much effective in boosting hair growth.
- Makes Hair Soft and Shiny – One of the hair health benefits of extra virgin olive oil is that it can improve the quality of your hair and make them soft, smooth and shiny. For this, you don't need to work hard, just massage your scalp and hair with this oil at night before going to bed and wash them off in the morning with a mild shampoo. You don't need to apply any conditioner after washing your hair as this oil gives much better results than your conventional conditioner.
Due to these 9 benefits of extra virgin olive oil for skin and hair health, it is popularly used in natural health and beauty treatments. You can easily use it at home and find glowing skin and nails and shiny, strong hair.
Ways to Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Glowing Skin:
Much is spoken about the skin and hair benefits of extra virgin olive oil. Here are some simple face pack recipes using olive oil to make your skin healthy and glowing.
Yogurt and Olive Oil Face Pack - This face pack is beneficial, especially for those who have dry skin. Extra virgin olive oil is rich in vitamin E whereas yogurt is a great source of vitamins and enzymes which nourishes the skin deeply.
- What you need: 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil and 3 teaspoons of yogurt
- Method: Mix both the ingredients in a clean small bowl and stir well. Spread this paste evenly on your face and neck, avoiding the eye areas. Allow it to dry for about 15 to 20 minutes. Now wash it off with normal water. Follow this procedure at least twice a week, you are sure to enjoy the wonderful skin benefits of extra virgin olive oil.
Olive Oil and Fuller's Earth Face Cleanser - To select an appropriate facial cleanser may be a challenge for people with dry skin. While there are many facial cleansers in the market, they can harm your skin and cause excessive dryness. A pack made with extra virgin olive oil and fuller's earth can work superbly as a facial cleanser which will help you to remove all the dirt and other impurities from your skin while making it moisturized.
- What you need: 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil and 3 teaspoons of fuller's earth
- Method: First of all, take sufficient amount of clean water and soak fuller's earth in it for about 30 minutes. When this fuller's earth becomes soft, add olive oil in it and mix well to make a smooth paste. You can use it like a facial cleanser on your skin to remove all the dirt and grime. It also removes dead cells from your skin and makes it soft and shiny.
Now with the knowledge of these 9 skin and hair benefits of extra virgin olive oil you can surely add it to your daily beauty care routine and make your personality more attractive.