Shoulder Injury Workout Routine
Which Shoulder Workout Routine Needs to be Adopted?
For those who are suffering from shoulder injuries, here are some exercises for shoulder injury recovery to benefit from. You can pick a suitable exercise for yourself and improve the post-recovery process from shoulder injuries. Have a look:
Shoulder Injury Workout Routine #1: Partial Upright Rows
Upright rows are meant for deltoids especially from the rear, side and traps. But during shoulder injury, you need to do it partially, as full upright may become painful. Doing it the right way:
- Take the position of upright rows.
- Avoid finishing the exercise.
- Don't move your hands over your head while holding the weight. Make sure you are not moving your hands above your head as that will cause major problem for your injured shoulder.
Shoulder Injury Workout Routine #2: Front Raises
During shoulder injury, you need to use the plate and not the dumbbells. The plates can be held with both the hands, which can make your shoulders much stronger as you will be exercising involving both hands. Front raises are useful for the anterior and lateral deltoids and saves your shoulder from further damaging effects.
Shoulder Injury Workout Routine #3: Side Lateral Raises
Works on lateral deltoid area and the procedure is as follows:
- Pick the dumbbells.
- Stand straight and hold the dumbbells on your sides.
- Lift the dumbbells to your side and bend your elbows. Slightly tilt your body forward and raise the arms slowly.
- Lower down the dumbbells and return to the relaxed position.
- It is highly recommended that you perform this exercise in a more relaxed manner to avoid any further injuries in shoulders.
Shoulder Injury Workout Routine #4: Rear Delts
This form of exercise is similar to lateral raises and focuses upon the rear deltoid region. This exercise is done in two ways:
- By bending forward.
- By sitting on the deck machine.
Talking about the first position, you can check the steps below:
- Stand upright and then bend forward so much so that your back is parallel to the ground.
- Then take the dumbbells and join them together in the bending position.
- Raise your arms outwards by holding the dumbbells.
- Now, you can perform the above steps while sitting on the deck machine.
Shoulder Injury Workout Routine #5: Bent Over Rows
Also known as barbell row, this exercise targets the back muscles and strengthens your shoulders gently. Follow the steps below to know the right posture for barbell rows:
- Keep your palms down.
- Stand upright and place the torso forward.
- Bend your knees.
- Bend your waist, but make sure that you are keeping your head and back straight.
- Mainstay of this exercise is that it makes your back stronger and is generally carried out by those who are into bodybuilding.
Shoulder Injury Workout Routine #6: Cable Pullovers
As simple as its name is, you will have to hold on to a cable in order to perform pullover. Steps to do this exercise are as follows:
- Stand in front of cable machine.
- Hold the rotating straight bar.
- Pull down the bar by keeping your back slanted, but straight and there should not be any bend at all.
- You can have stronger back muscles by regularly practicing this exercise.
Shoulder Injury Workout Routine #7: Leaning Shoulder Shrugs
Focus of this exercise is lower back area, which remains mostly neglected in general. Check out the steps to perform this exercise:
- Stand upright and hold dumbbells in left hand.
- Hold support with one hand and tilt towards left also, bend your left foot pointing towards right.
- Now, lift the dumbbells along with lifting up your shoulders, perform the repetitions with right side as well.
- Gently perform the movements otherwise you may suffer greater injuries in shoulders.
Shoulder Injury Workout Routine #8: Internal Rotations
This is meant for strengthening your rotator cuff muscles and the steps are as follows:
- You need to sit to hold the low pulley from your side.
- Stretch your legs forward and hold the cable.
- Bend your elbow at 90 degree and hold the cable.
- Now hold the cable and pull it towards your body until your forearm reaches your abs.
After completing the above movements, repeat with right arm and leg. In all your movements, make sure that 90 degree angle of elbow is maintained.
Shoulder Injury Workout Routine #9: Shoulder Blade Squeeze
This exercise focuses more on strengthening the shoulders. In this exercise, squeeze the shoulder blades for around 10 seconds. Repeat the exercise 5 to 10 times.
The above exercises are basically a part of workout routine to overcome shoulder injury and strengthen your back muscles and make your shoulders stronger. Perform these activities on a regular basis to ensure that you are maintaining a healthy routine throughout.