Bra bulge can be really annoying at times. There are a lot of reasons which can cause bra bulge. Here we will know about some of the causes of bra bulge and also know about some of the best workouts to get rid of bra bulge.
What Causes Bra Bulge?
Eating More Than You Are Actually Burning:
One of the major causes for bra bulge can be if you are eating more than you are burning. You will surely be adding those extra calories if you are not paying attention on what you eat and the quantity that you eat.
Most women eat excess of carbohydrates in general. They add a lot of white refined processed sugars including white sugar, rice, pasta, potato, bread etc. Including such foods in your daily diet increases the level of insulin and thus causes the bra bulge pretty easily.
Bra bulge can be caused when women cross the over-forty threshold. Women starts noticing a shift in fat distribution from their bottom half to their abdomen and chest, during peri-menopause as estrogen begins to wax and wane. Some women can reach up to cup size and most notice the extra fat accumulating all throughout their chest and their back. This in turn causes bra bulge.
Improper Fitting Bra:
Bra bulge can also be caused because of an improperly fitting bra. It is thus essential for you to wear properly fitting bra.
Exercises to Get Rid of Bra Bulge:
T-Raise Exercise to Get Rid of Bra Bulge:
For performing this exercise you require one pair of 2 to 3 pound dumbbells in your hands. Below are the steps to perform this exercise.
- Grab a pair of 2 to 3 pound of dumbbells in your hands and stand with feet hip-width apart.
- Bend your knees as you shift hips back and lower torso until it is parallel to the floor.
- Now turning your palms to face forward, bring weight together.
- Then, keeping your arms straight, lift weights up to your shoulder height and then lower back down. Here, be very much sure that your core and glutes are engaged the entire time.
- Perform 15 such repetitions.
Delt Raise Exercise to get Rid of Bra Bulge:
One more exercise which can aid you get rid of bra bulge is delt raise.
- Hold a pair of 4 to 10 pounds of dumbbells and stand with feet hip-width apart, by slightly bending your knee.
- Now, shift back your hips as you lower your torso until nearly parallel to the ground.
- Then, turn your palms to face each other, and lift weights up to your shoulder height by bending your elbows.
- Make sure you focus on making use of your back and not your arms while raising the weights.
- Then, gently lower back down, keeping core and glutes engages during the entire movement.
- Perform 10 repetitions.
Plank with Lateral Arm Raise Exercise for Bra Bulge:
A variants in planks is plank with lateral arm raise which aids you balance your whole upper body. This workout can greatly benefit you in getting rid of bra bulge as well as help your strengthen your core.
Follow the below steps to perform this exercise.
- Begin with a straight-arm plank with hands below and in line with your shoulders and feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Now, lift one arm up to your shoulder height by keeping the other arm down, palms touching the floor and keeping your hips as still as possible.
- Then return to center and lift the other arm to shoulder height.
- Draw your belly button up and in and keep your body centered.
- Perform 10 such repetitions on each side.
Push-up holds are one of the exercises which can be useful in reducing bra bulge. Follow the steps mentioned below to perform this exercise.
- Start with a pushup position with your hands slightly wider than shoulder width and feet hip-width apart. Make sure your entire body should form a straight line from head to heels.
- Now, bend your elbows and lower the body until hovering a few inches above the floor.
- Here, hold for 1 deep breath and then press half-way up and hold for 1 deep breath.
- Then, holding for 1 deep breath, lower back down to your lowest point.
- Return back to your half-way point and hold one more deep breath.
- Repeat this pattern 3 more times or 5 times in total.
Single Arm Dumbbell Row Exercise to Get Rid of Bra Bulge:
For performing this exercise you would require a 15 to 25 pound of dumbbell.
- Hold a 15 -25 pound of dumbbell in one hand.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, shift your hips back by bending your knees and lowering torso until nearly parallel with the floor.
- Place your right hand on a wall right in front of you for maintaining balance.
- Now, by bending your left elbow straight up towards the ceiling, draw the weight up toward chest. Here, be very much sure that your keep your shoulder blades down and together and keeping your core engaged the entire time.
- Perform 10 reps on each side.
Upright rows can be very useful in getting rid of extra fats causing bra bulge. For this, you need a weighted bar.
- Hold a 6 pound to 15 pound weighted bar with an over-hand grip and your hands at shoulder width apart.
- Stand with a shoulder width apart.
- Take a deep breath and bend your elbows for lifting the bar to your shoulder-height
- In order to complete one rep, breathe out and bring the bar down to the starting position.
Chest fly is one of the best exercises for the upper body and can be useful in getting rid of bra bulge as well. You can perform this move by following the steps as mentioned below.
- Lie on a bench or a mat by grabbing a 5 to 10 pound of dumbbell in each hand. Hold the weights together above your chest with your palms facing each other, elbows slightly bent and arms nearly straight.
- Then, breathe in as you slowly open the weights out to the sides with control
- Now, breathe out as you engage your chest in bringing the weights back to the starting position.
- This ends one repetition. Perform 15 such reps.
Overhead Pull Over Exercise:
You will require a 5 to 10 pound of dumbbell for performing this exercise to get rid of bra bulge.
- Hold a 5 pound to 10 pound of dumbbell in each hand and lie on your back, either of a bench or a mat.
- Extend both your arms and hold the weights directly over your chest. Make sure your palms are facing your feet.
- From here, raise both weights overhead and lower them towards the floor without touching.
- Then, engage your chest and raise the dumbbells and return to your starting position.
- Here ends one rep.
Mountain climber is a whole body exercise where you start the exercise from a plank position. This can be one of the exercises for bra bulge. Here can be done in the following ways
- Begin from a plank position; by keeping hands on the floor directly underneath your shoulders, elbows locked and your abs tight and engaged, knees and feet together
- Now, raise one knee up, bent in towards your chest with the foot of the bent leg planted on the ground
- Next, jump and switch the position of the legs while you are still in the air.
- Make a note to focus on keeping your body straight and in that tight plank position all throughout the workout.
- You need to repeat this movement in a rapid way while maintaining the correct form, for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Jump rope is a cardio exercise which can help in burning an average of 11 to 20 calories every minute. Look below to know the steps to perform this exercise to get rid of bra bulge
- Holding the handles of the jump rope that is placed behind you at your heels; stand with feet and knees close together and elbows relaxed at sides. Make sure your chin is tucked and relaxed.
- Start jumping rope while being at the starting position of knees and feet touching and chin tucked. Squeeze your shoulder blades and also add some extra back work.
- Jump for about 1 to 3 minutes for fine results.
So here we knew about some of the causes of bra bulge and also about some of the best workouts for getting rid of bra bulge. If you are one of those women who is worried about the extra fats causing bra bulge then do go for these workouts and also make sure you are checking on the bra you wear.
Talk to a fitness trainer for getting best advises and workouts to get rid of bra bulge.