What Exercises are Recommended for Colon Polyps?
The below exercises are recommended to rejuvenate colon health. With exercises the colon health is improved in a better way and the chances of occurrence of colon polyp or colon polyps is reduced:
- Exercises like walking, running or jogging requires no equipment or a gym and helps in prevention of colon polyp or colon polyps. Simply getting up and moving will improve blood flow in the intestinal path and ensure an efficient digestive system. Milder forms of these will be walking and will be efficient, safe if done in a quick pace. Jogging applies hard on knees and joints of a person’s body. Joggers are recommended to stamp on softest surface. The best form of jogging terrain will be grass or dust. Running is said to be effective and appropriateexercise for people with good shape already.
- Exercising with the help of jumping rope claims to increase blood flow and heart rate which improves most of the body’s system. The colon, which is resting in intestinal tract, is said to be cleansed by doing Jumping rope exercise. The improved blood flow reduces the development of any kind of colon polyp or colon polyps.
- Exercises like situps and cruches can help in reducing colon polyps. Crunches and Sit ups exercises strengthens the core muscles of human abdomen. Improves the capacity of a body to force waste and toxins out from the digestive systems rapidly. As long as toxin substances enter in to the digestive system, a person’s body is vulnerable to health issues. Strengthening the colon’s health is the key factor
- Trampoline also called “rebounding” exercise can strength and increase vigor for the core muscles. Also boosts peristaltic movement in a person’s body, and will improves the performance of the most important organs. Trampoline exercise is fun filled, exciting pace, most importantly, it is better for the colon health. It is off the rhythm exercise which can kill mundane routine.
What Yoga Asanas/ Poses are Suggested for Colon Polyp or Colon Polyps?
Yoga strengthens muscles of abdomen and increases the flexibility on muscles and parts when regularly practiced.
- Marjariasana or The Cat Pose Yoga for Colon Polyps: It shapes the abdomen and also stimulates digestion thus reducing the occurance of colon polyp or colon polyps. Also in helping balancing emotional stress, with relaxing the mind method irritable bowel disorder can be brought down.
- Pavanamuktasana or The Wind-relieving Yoga Pose for Colon Polyps: It smoothly massages the intestines and also other organs in abdomen. Therefore it is helps to forcing unwanted gas from a person. Pavanamuktasana helps in lowering the chances of colon polyp or colon polyps.
- Adho Mukha Shvanasana or The Downward-facing Dog pose for Colon Polyps: This yoga increase the spine’s length and also helps the muscles of abdomen. This Yoga posture is to rejuvenate body by improved circulation of blood and reduces any king of polyp development in the abdomen.
- Ardha Matsyendrasana or Half Sitting-Spinal Twist Pose for Colon Polyps: It helps the spine to lengthen and is impact full positively on liver and kidneys. Stimulating the large intestine is achieved by this yoga posture.
- Bhujangasana or The Cobra Pose for Colon Polyps: It helps abdomen by stretching pose. Also this pose helps to improve on balancing stress and fatigue, and also enhances circulation of blood in the intestines, weakens the possibility of colon polyp or colon polyps.
- Dhanurasana or The Bow pose: It strengthens the muscles of abdomen and relax the body from stress. It will, reduce the menstrual discomfort of irritable bowel syndrome greatly.
- Malasana or The garland Pose: It also helps in increased blood flow to the large intestine and when blood flow to the intestine increases, the function of the large intestine is performed properly and malasana also helps in easy bowel movement.
You should start the yoga sessions only once you are recovered from the pain associated with colon polyps. It is also recommended to get the yoga training under a professional and then practice them daily at home. Take a 20 minute break before starting yoga so that your body and mind is relaxed.
Contact your doctor before starting any yoga classes and ask him/ her if you are ready for these sessions.
What is the Recovery Period for Colon Polyp or Colon Polyps?
Upon diagnosis of colon polyp or colon polyps, they will most probably be removed before it erodes into a form of cancer. Maximum number of polyps be removed through colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy, but the remaining may be scorched using an eclectic current or by a surgery. Surgical removal is performed by means of laparoscopic to reduce the chance of scarring.
It can also help reduce a person’s risk of getting cancer and colorectal polyps when a person have regular screenings, stay fit by leading a alive and effective lifestyle. Consult a person’s doctor about where a person can start to prevent. Complete recovery from colon polyp or colon polyps surgery/ colonoscopy / sigmoidoscopy is dependant on many factors such as the persons age, the number of polyps, the diameters/size of the polyps. With proper on time treatment, the recovery period / healing time is reduced.
What are the Ways to Prevent Colon Polyp or Colon Polyps?
A person’s risk of colon polyp or colon polyps leading to colon cancer and colorectal cancer can be greatly minimized by conducting regular screenings. The following lifestyle changes can also help in preventing colon polyp or colon polyps:
- Consume whole grains, eat fruits and vegetables.
- Reduce the fat intake.
Minimize the consumption of alcohol.
- Do not use tobacco products.
- Maintain proper body weight and stay physically active.
- Discuss to a doctor about the consumption of aspirin. The risk of polyp is reduced by usage of aspirin. But the risk of getting gastrointestinal bleeding can be increased by the usage of aspirin and checking beforehand with a doctor is recommended.
- Researchers have proven that the increase in usage of calcium can help in prevent a person from getting the colon polyp or colon polyps or colon adenomas again and again. But it is not clear if calcium has any advantages against colon cancer.
- Genetic counseling is considered if a person has a genetic history with regard to colon polyps. A person will require routine colonoscopy early at a person’s age their parents or siblings has or had colon polyp or colon polyps.
What Type of Diet is Best to Prevent Colon Polyps?
Foods that Can Reduce the Chances of Colon Polyp or Colon Polyps Development
Researchers recommend that the best type of diet that prevents colon polyp or colon polyps are fruits & vegetables. Secondly, reduction in weight if a person is said to be overweight. Besides consuming of vitamin D, calcium and may reduce the chances of growth of colon polyp or colon polyps. Hence Yogurt, broccoli, cheese, which are calcium rich reducing the growth of polyps as per studies. The Vitamin D is rich in eggs, liver and salmon kind of fishes. Exposure to sunlight enhances a person’s body to intake vitamin D.
A person can consult their primary physician about adding vitamin D or calcium supplements in their food. If a person want to use dietary supplements or non-mainstream medicines associated with prescribed one for treatment, it is safe to talk to a person’s doctor.
What Foods should be avoided to Prevent Colon Polyp or Colon Polyps?
Based on the research possibilities of creation of colon polyp or colon polyps is controlled by eating less of fatty food, processed meat which includes bacon, hot dogs, sausage, red meat , lunch meats such as pork and beef. It is highly recommended to consume less of the food varieties of red meat.