Are you looking for some effective exercises for your thighs without using equipment? If yes! Then this is the article that would help you know about some of the best exercises for thighs without equipment.
11 Exercises For Thighs Without Equipment
Hitting the gym is a great way to keep fit. But when you are unable to do so, simple exercises to keep you fit can be done without equipment.
Here are some of the exercises to strengthen your thighs without equipment.
#1. Pilates Side-Lying Leg Lifts For Thighs Without Equipment:
One of the best exercises for thighs without equipment is Pilates side lying leg lifts. This Pilate move will aid you in tightening and toning your inner thighs. Here are the steps for Pilates exercise for thighs without equipment.
- Lie on the floor on your side at first.
- Lengthen your one leg touching the floor and cross the other leg over it.
- Now, prop your head up with your hand. You will be resting your head on your arm with this.
- Now, while exhaling, lift your bottom leg up and lower it back as you inhale. Make sure your torso stays still while you are doing this.
- Try doing as many repetitions on one side as possible by you, for at least half a minute and then repeat the same on the other side for half a minute again.
#2. Gate Swings For Thighs:
This too is one of the most effective exercise for thighs without equipment you can try out at home. It is a tough inner thigh exercise. Follow the steps given below to perform this exercise.
- Begin with your feet kept wide apart and your toes slightly pointing outward.
- Bend your knees and lower in to a squat position using your hands to help push your knees wide apart so as to deepen the stretch of the inner thigh.
- Now push off your knees and jump your right leg in front of the left and land in a cross legged standing position.
- Immediately jump your legs back to the squat position with feet wider apart from each other and hands on your knees.
- Again, push off your knees and jump your legs together. Then cross your left leg in front of the right.
- This is one rep. Do at least three reps of gate swings for thighs.
#3. Sumo Squat With Side Arm Raises:
This is one of the best exercises for thighs without equipment, where you would not require any weight to sculpt your thighs or legs. Follow the given steps to perform this exercise. You will feel the fat burn from thighs with this.
- Stand with legs wide and toes pointed slightly outward.
- Bend down till your knees are over your ankles, thighs parallel to the floor.
- Then raise your arms to just below your shoulder height.
- Now, straighten your legs and lower your arms down simultaneously.
- Complete three sets of 15 repetitions each.
#4. Sliding Warrior Exercise For Thighs
- Sliding warrior too is one of the beneficial exercises for thighs without equipment. Below are the steps to perform this exercise.
- Start with the warrior position with your right knee (front leg’s knee) bent at 90 degrees to the floor and left leg (or back leg) stretched back straight. Keep your arms stretched straight out from shoulders.
- Now, straighten your front or right leg and get your front heel in to the inside edge of the back or left foot. Raise your arms over head here.
- This becomes one rep. Do 30 such repetitions in alternative legs.
- Complete three sets of 20 reps each for best results.
#5. Squat Swing Jack For Thighs:
One more effective exercise for thighs without equipment is squat swing jack. You can perform this exercise by following the steps mentioned below.
- To begin with the exercise; stand straight with feet joined together and arms at the sides.
- Then, quickly jump feet slightly wider than hip width apart and land on the squat position. Reach your right hand to the floor with fingers facing towards the ground.
- Immediately jump your feet back together while taking the right arm up and then put down. Repeat the same with the left arm to finish one rep.
- Do 3 sets of 20 repetitions each.
#6. Side Lunge Thrust Exercise For Thighs Without Equipment:
You can also do side lunge thrust for thighs without equipment. Follow the below mentioned steps to perform the exercise.
Take a wide step out with your right leg at first; keep your right palm pressed flat to the floor by lowering your body in to a side lunge, taking your hips back and keeping your left arm on your back.
- Now, quickly jump your feet and come to a full plank position by tightening your abs.
- Again, jump both your feet in and come to a squat position and then stand up.
- This ends one rep.
- Perform three sets of 20 repetitions each.
#7. Side Lying Healing Clicks:
Side lying heel clicks can be easily done at home that helps you tone the thigh muscles. It is one of the great exercises for thighs without equipment. Follow the below mentioned steps to perform this exercise.
- At first lie on your right side with straight and extended right arm, palm pressed in to the floor and your head resting on arm. Press your left palm in to the floor just in front of your chest for enough support.
- Meanwhile, extend your legs straight out under your hips.
- Lift the left leg up slightly higher than the hip height.
- Now, brace your abs tight and lift the right leg (leg at the bottom) up to meet the top leg or the left leg. Do this by squeezing your inner thighs and touching your heels together.
- Now, lower the right leg (bottom leg) back to the floor.
- This becomes one rep of the exercise.
- Repeat this in alternative side to complete one set of the exercise.
- You need to do three sets of 25 reps each for effective results.
#8. Supine Plie for Thighs:
This is one more exercise for thighs without equipment that can be conveniently done at home. Below we have mentioned the steps to perform the exercise at home.
- Lie down on the floor, with your back touching the floor and face towards the ceiling. Keep your arms at the sides, resting on the floor with the palm.
- Raise both your legs up keeping close to each other, heels touching each other and feet facing to the ceiling.
- Now, slight bend your knees, while keeping your heels touching each other and feet facing the ceiling.
- Then return to your starting position that ends one rep of the exercise.
- Do three sets of 25 such reps for best results.
#9. Squat Hold For Thighs:
Squat hold for thighs can also be an effective exercise for thighs that can be done without equipment. Below are the steps to perform this exercise
- Keep your feet hip width apart and parallel to each other.
- Now, bring your arms to the side of your ears and draw your shoulder blades together while raising your hands up.
- Next, deeply bend your knees, take your hips back and lower down till your thighs remain parallel to the ground.
- Now, hold this position for about 30 seconds or one minute
- Make sure you are keeping your body in a proper alignment while performing this squat hold for thighs
#10. Plank With Leg Raise For Thighs:
This is one more excellent exercise for thighs without equipment. Look below for the steps of performing this move.
- Take the plank position at first
- Then clasp your hands, and rest your elbows on the ground so that you come on your forearms here.
- Maintain a straight line from your heels to head.
- Now, draw your belly button up and in and gaze a few inches in front on your hands.
- Now, lift your right leg up to hip height and then come back to the starting position.
- Again, lift your left leg to your hip height and return back to the starting position.
- Perform 20 such leg lifts on each side for best results.
#11. Side Plank With Leg Raise For Thigh Muscles:
Side plank with leg raise exercise is one more effective exercise for thighs without equipment. Follow the below mentioned steps to perform this exercise.
- Take the plank position at first and then face to one side while resting your left hand and left feet on the ground and raising your right hand straight up towards the ceiling. Also raise your right leg up off the left leg.
- Maintain a still position with your torso and hips.
- Now, lower your right leg back down and repeat the same again with alternate hands and legs.
- Perform at least 10 leg raises on each side while doing this exercise.
These were some of the best exercises for thighs without equipment. You can perform these exercises up to four days in a week up for 15-20 minutes each day. Make sure you maintain a healthy diet and drink enough water to maintain strength and hydration while toning your thigh muscles.
Do consult your physician in case of any health concerns and a fitness trainer for specific advice on exercises for thighs without equipment. Make exercise a regular routine, but be sure you are doing your exercises properly under an expert’s supervision, especially if you are a beginner.
“Rise and shine; it is exercise time.