The antioxidants present in the turmeric plays a very prominent role in improving your skin health. It helps in the treatment of skin problems like psoriasis and acne. Skin pigmentation and stretch marks can also be cured by this. Following are benefits of turmeric for your skin health:
Many researchers have claimed that the inflammatory enzymes linked to psoriasis can be obstructed by the turmeric. The level of the cytokines which leads to psoriasis by stimulating cell inflammation can also be lowered by this. Making use of turmeric for curing psoriasis is very simple.
- Take half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and mix it with water and stir it till you obtain a paste.
- Apply it on the psoriasis lesions to form a very thin layer. Use a breathable fabric to cover it and leave it overnight.
- Wash your skin with slightly warm water in the morning after removing the fabric.
Turmeric can show excellent result for the treatment of psoriasis because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
Helps in Treating Acne:
Turmeric plays a significant role for treating acne because of its antibacterial properties which also helps in treating the inflammation caused by pimples. This can also be used as a face pack or a face wash for oily skin.
Turmeric milk can also be used for the treatment of acne. Mixture of turmeric powder and milk has a great healing nature which helps a lot in acne treatment.
Things required to prepare this mixture are- three tablespoons of milk, one tablespoon of turmeric and two tablespoons of flour along with a few drops of honey.
- Apply the mixture on the face in the form of a thin layer after mixing it well and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Wash the face and apply the moisturizer of your choice.
This mixture can also help in treating dry skin.
Helps in Curing Stretch Marks:
Turmeric shows great results in curing stretch marks. This is due to the curcumin which is well known for altering the physical properties of cell membrane, so it plays a vital role in curing stretch marks as it penetrates the cell membranes.
- Turmeric can also be used with curd or a clotted cream.
- Apply the paste to your stomach and waist before bath.
- Wait for around twenty minutes leaving it to soak in.
- Wash the paste while taking bath.
This treatment also helps in treating skin scars effectively.
Helps in Soothing Burns:
The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of the turmeric also help in soothing the burns. Most of the burns do not swell up when it is applied. Turmeric can also be mixed with other oils for a better treatment. Just apply the mixture on the affected area.
Antioxidant and astringent properties of turmeric help in healing wounds and reducing scarring.
Helps in Treating Skin Pigmentation:
Skin pigmentation can be treated by turmeric because of its bleaching properties. It also helps in keeping your skin free from infections. For this, do the following-
- Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice and turmeric powder.
- Apply this mixture on the affected areas and allow it to dry for twenty minutes.
- Do not go out in the sun for one hour.
- Wash the mask with cold water.
This can be done once in a day before taking shower.
Helps Reduce Tanning:
Turmeric plays a crucial role in reducing the skin tan. For this,
- Take a pinch of turmeric along with some lemon juice and raw milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- Allow it to dry properly for some time and then rinse with water.
This paste is very effective in reducing tan.
Improves the Complexion:
In order to improve your skin complexion, turmeric night cream can be used.
- Take a few peeled almonds that have been soaked overnight and grind them.
- Now add one teaspoon each of curd, lemon juice, saffron, sandalwood powder and turmeric powder in it.
- Mix these ingredients well and store in a refrigerator.
You can apply the mixture every night and rinse it in the next morning.
This is the situation when you get excessive facial hair which is a result of imbalance in hormones. Application of turmeric helps in reducing the problem. You can also take turmeric orally which will help you in reducing the hormonal imbalances causing hirsutism.
Heals Cracked Feet:
Cracked feet can also be healed by turmeric because of its astringent properties. You have to mix equal amount of coconut oil and castor oil and a pinch of turmeric to prepare a paste. Apply the paste to the cracked feet and allow it to dry for fifteen minutes. Wash it off with cool water.
Turmeric Helps in Exfoliation:
Prepare a scrub which helps in exfoliating your skin. Mix one tablespoon of each water, turmeric and rose water or apple cider vinegar.
Massage this turmeric paste on the affected areas gently with this mixture. Wash it off after fifteen minutes. Pat dry and use a gentle cleanser in case yellow colour remains. Dead cells can be eliminated from the skin by using this scrub twice or thrice a week.