Palpitations in stomach are a common occurrence in some people, especially those who already have digestive problems. While this may be a routine experience for some, the causes may be deep rooted and often need to be addressed. Knowing about the causes of palpitations in stomach may help. Given here are also some effective ways to get rid of the palpitations in stomach.
Causes of Palpitations in Stomach
- Palpitations in stomach often give rise to pain, which patients commonly complain as discomfort. Few ignore this health condition dismissing it as minor, few continue experiencing it, while some complaint about it but do not find relief. While most factors causing it may be manageable, the condition must be medically evaluated to rule out any underlying medical problems.
- There are a variety of factors responsible for triggering palpitations in stomach.
- Among the causes, the foremost reasons are faulty dietary habits and unhealthy lifestyle. Regular consumption of junk foods, highly seasoned or processed foods are common causes of palpitations in stomach.
- Consumption of stimulants like alcohol on an empty stomach too can cause palpitations in stomach. Over intake of caffeine drinks is yet another common cause.
- Even when regular meals are skipped or not taken at regularly, which often triggers palpitations in stomach. It can also increases the chances of developing gastritis or stomach ulcers and may cause more problems. Similarly, over eating, having heavy meals late at night are also some of the causes of palpitations in stomach.
- Stress; particularly frequent and severe stress, is one of the commonest causes of palpitations in stomach.
- Digestive problems, constipation, bloating too can cause palpitations in stomach.
- Nervousness, anxiety, overexcitement force some enzymes and juices to ooze that harm directly the inner walls of the stomach, thus leading to palpitations in stomach. This is similar to the feelings that people usually identify as having "butterflies in the stomach."
- Few medicines are directly involved with stomach palpitations such as cardiac medicines, nerve relaxants. Taking medicines on empty stomach too can cause palpitations in stomach.
- Among all major blood vessels, aorta is one major vessel which is known to supply blood all across the body. It the abdominal aorta, which goes through abdominal region gets damaged or turns weak, it can trigger aneurysm and exert pressure on the walls. Aneurysm, is one of the common causes of palpitations in stomach, seen more commonly in the elderly as the vessels become weaker with growing age.
- Another popular causes of palpitations in stomach includes dehydration, hence, people who consume less water often experience the same.
- Intense hardcore exercise often leave us breathless, we sometimes feel stomach palpitations, that come and go but such palpitation is not harmful.
Ways To Get Rid Of Palpitations In Stomach
When it comes to ways to get rid of stomach palpitations, the first and foremost requirement is modifying the lifestyle for good. However, for any other causes that are a result of underlying medical conditions like aneurysm or gastric troubles, medical treatment may be needed.
Here are some effective natural remedies to get rid of palpitations in stomach
- If the food we eat is responsible for palpitations in stomach, the food should be changed at once. This is the most effective way to get rid of palpitations in stomach. It is seen that changing the meal pattern and food ingredients reduce palpitations in real time, individuals have confirmed that changing their diet helped them reduce discomforting experience. Eating fresh fruits, less spicy and less oily food, consuming less junk food helps in controlling palpitations. When high caffeinated beverages are avoided, alcohol and other such stimulating beverages are abandoned, palpitation reduces.
- Narcotics and tobacco consumption should be controlled as tobacco provokes gastric problems and palpitations in some cases. Instead of tobacco and nicotine, fresh vegetables and fruits should be consumed, so that bowel movement can be regularized. Having better digestion and bowel movement is one of the important ways to get rid of palpitations in stomach.
- As stress and anxiety can trigger palpitations in stomach they need to be controlled too. Practice stress management techniques and skills, which can not only improve digestion but also the overall health. Practicing meditation, yoga, exercise, etc. are some of the useful ways to get rid of palpitations in stomach.
- The body loses flexibility as well as affectivity with every passing day, in such situation if exercise and cardio can be practiced stomach functions in a better way. Regular exercises improve digestion and can help manage stomach palpitations.
- Drinking fluid is good, with the help of which, palpitation in stomach can be controlled effectively. So, it is better to develop a habit of drinking water in empty stomach in morning and also after meal and during the day. Along with water, varying fruit juice can be taken as well. Fruit juice helps in maintaining balance of essential mineral also keep the body hydrated.