Prognosis & Prevention of Pulmonary Embolism
Pulmonary embolism (PE) could be life-threatening, however prompt medication can greatly decrease the danger of death. Obtaining measures to avoid blood clots in the legs will assist to protect you from pulmonary embolism (PE).
In this article you will learn about the prognosis and prevention of pulmonary embolism as well as the yoga poses or asanas that can be beneficial for pulmonary embolism.
Prognosis/Outlook for Pulmonary Embolism (PE)
The victim of pulmonary embolism (PE) will survive depending on any factors, such as:
- The fundamental health of the affected individual.
- Size of the pulmonary embolism (PE)
- The reason of the pulmonary embolism (PE), plus
- The capability for analysis to be completed and treatment initiated.
The diagnosis is habitually tough, and it is anticipated so as equal to 400,000 circumstances of pulmonary embolus (PE) which are not identified each year within the United States.
In those affected individuals where the analysis for pulmonary embolism (PE) is made, the mortality rate is below 20 percent when thinking about all affected individuals. Typically, however, the death risk is greatly less in most affected individuals. The higher occurrence of death takes place in patients who are older, contain other fundamental illnesses, or take a holdup in diagnosis. Racial dissimilarities may too exist; however possibly owe more to entree to excellence care than a precise genetic difference.
Prevention of Pulmonary Embolism (PE)
Preventing blood clots which lead to pulmonary embolism (PE) in the profound veins in the legs will assist stop pulmonary embolism (PE) and for this reason, majority of hospitals are promoting about taking actions to put off blood clots, together with:
- Anticoagulants are helpful for people who are at risk for developing blood clots reasoning to pulmonary embolism (PE). This medicine often given to individuals at possibility of clots prior and following an operation in addition to individuals acknowledge to hospitals with a stroke, complications of cancer or heart attack.
- Compression stockings are also preventive measures to reduce pulmonary embolism (PE). This therapy progressively squeezes your legs, assisting your vessels and leg muscles transport blood more powerfully. They offer a simple, inexpensive and safe way to maintain blood without stagnating through and following general surgery.
- Pneumatic compression helps in preventing blood clots which leads to pulmonary embolism (PE). This therapy uses calf-high or thigh-high cuffs which consequently blow up with air plus go down in a few moments to press and massage the vessels in your legs to improve blood flow.
- Physical activity can help in preventing blood clot formation. Repositioning when possible following a surgery can assist stop pulmonary embolism and speed up recovery in general. This is a one main reason your caretaker may force you to move, even on the same day of surgery, in addition walk regardless of pain at the location of your surgical slit.
- Moving your legs whenever possible even during the night too can be very effectual for preventing pulmonary embolism (PE). Raise the base of your bed about 6 inches with a support.
Preventing Pulmonary Embolism (PE) While Travelling Long Distance
The formation of blood clots leading to pulmonary embolism (PE) during travelling is very less but the blood clot formation increases as you travel more and long distances. If you a sufferer of pulmonary embolism (PE) or if you are at risk of developing blood clots then talk to your specialist before travelling long distances. The physician will suggest tips or prescribe meds to prevent the formation of blood clots leading to pulmonary embolism (PE). Tips for preventing blood clots while travelling include:
- Do not sit for long time to prevent blood clot formation leading to pulmonary embolism (PE). If possible try to walk in the airplane cabin in frequent intervals, if you are going by car, then stop at regular intervals and walk around do some leg related stretches.
- Do not be seated in crossed leg position for long hours. Try to flex your ankle joints every half an hour by raising them up and down or do ankle stretches.
- Consume good amount of fluids to prevent blood clots leading to pulmonary embolism (PE). Instead of going with soft drinks or beverages, go for water as it is easy to digest and it helps purify the blood. Do not use alcohol at any circumstances.
- In order to promote blood circulation in your legs and prevent pulmonary embolism (PE), wear supporting stockings as recommended by the physician. Compression stockings are usually recommended by doctors and they are available in varying ranges. There are stocking butlers which are devices which help you put on the stockings.
Yoga Poses/Asanas for Pulmonary Embolism (PE)
Yoga poses/asanas for pulmonary embolism (PE) assists immensely to your legs get fit for the rigid work outs. Yoga makes the legs stronger by strengthening the the neighboring thigh and calf muscles. The following are some of the yoga poses/ asanas for pulmonary embolism (PE) which focuses on reducing the blood clots which are initially developed in the legs and increase blood circulation throughout the body:
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana or The bridge pose
- Sukhasan or The easy pose
- Utthita Trikonasana or The extended triangle action
- Malsana or The garland pose
- Padahastasana or The standing & forward bend
- Reclined leg lifts
- Vrikashana or The tree pose
- Balasana or The child's pose
- Trikonasana or The triangluar pose
- Utkatasana or The supported chair action
The above yoga poses focuses completely on eliminating the blood clots and improving blood circulation in the body. There are other yoga aspects such as pranayamas or breathing techniques which can help in increasing the lung capacity and healing of the damaged lungs. But, they have to be taught under specialist supervision and you can go for them only when you are completely recovered from pulmonary embolism (PE).
Yoga training can be begun simply when you are well again entirely from the ache caused by pulmonary embolism (PE) and also with the expert's guidance and supervisions.
After you be trained the asana, perform them at home. Before you come into yoga lessons relax your body and mind for 20 minutes. Consult the doctor before the session to make sure if you prepared for yoga poses for pulmonary embolism (PE).