Getting a toned core is everyone's dream but not everyone knows effective ways to achieve it. No matter how you want it, six pack or washboard but core certainly is the most dominant part when it comes to grabbing attention. Know some of the core workout routines for beginners and experts that would help you have toned abs.
A core-well maintained, muscular and of course well defined displays both health and strength. To have a strong core you need to be conscious of your diet as well as cardio vascular training. There are few core moves for your workout, which are not those routine ones, but would help you fight off flab to get you fab. With strong abs you will be able to get rid of back pain, enhance your flexibility and boost your ability.
Core Workout Routines for Beginners
Here are some of the core moves for your workout, most conveniently performed by beginners.
Side Balance Crunch
This is one of the simplest core workout exercise routine. Make sure, as a beginner, you balance yourself while doing it.
- You have to begin with left hand and left knees on the floor where the right arm would be straight up.
- Then you have to extend the right leg your body would be forming a straight line.
- You have to pull the right knee close to torso and pull right elbow toward the knee.
- You have to straighten your leg and arm and repeat the same for 10 times.
This exercise challenges your core muscles, glutes and helps strengthen them. This is one of the must-do core workout for beginners.
- You have to start this in plank position with your abs tightened, pulling the right knee you have to move clockwise later anti clockwise.
- Your body would remain stationary you have to repeat the move five times and then change legs.
For this exercise, you may need really strong arms and legs. With this core workout move for your workout, you are sure to build strong and flat abs too.
- Onto an uncarpeted floor, you have to begin in plank position where your hands would be beneath the shoulders and place a towel beneath the feet.
- Your legs would be straight, hips would be raised. Slide your feet on the towel and draw your legs toward hands, everything would be in pike position.
- Your feet would be sliding effortlessly. You have to repeat the move for 10 times.
Core Workout Routine for Experts
Here are some core workout routine, if you are a seasoned fitness player or a sportsperson.
It's one of the commonest forms of core workout move. In this, begin by lying flat on the ground and have your knees bowed down to the ground. Placing your hands behind your head you have to lift up the upper back and bend slightly forward.
- You can also do the vertical leg crunch where you will be lying flat on the ground and your lower back would be pressed down to the ground.
- Here also your hands will be well placed underneath head. Here your legs would be floating straight in air with ankles crossed but the knee area would be bent slightly.
- By lifting torso here the abdominal muscles would be tightly contracted.
- While contracting and going upward exhale and inhale while coming back to the starting neutral position.
- This core workout for experts is enjoyable where you will be lying on back and your hands would be beneath your ears. Lift your legs in a table top position which is 90-degree angle.
- You have to press your lower back while engaging your core. Keep your legs tightened in the table-top position with toes pointed downwards. Lower down the right leg to tap your toes to the ground, at least lower it as much as possible. Repeat the same with the other leg.
This is one of the challenging core workout routine for experts. In this, you have to lie on your back, your palms would be down as the arms would be along sides under the lower back.
- You have to slightly press the lower back against the floor and stretch legs away from your body, where the heels would be in air 3 inches above.
- Your lower back would be steadily onto the ground where you will lift the left knee in the direction of chest.
- But the right leg, would be hovering above ground. You have to hold the position for some time and repeat the same move by keeping the left leg hovering in the air.
This too is one of the easy but challenging core workouts for experts.
- Your legs would be extended and you will be lying face up with toes pointed and your hands would be tucked beneath your glutes in order to support the lower back.
- You have to lift both the legs above the floor and kick up and down alternately.
This is fairly simple but one of the effective core workout for experts.
- You have to sit on the ground, your feet would be flat and knees bent.
- You have to hold arms before your chest but arms would be straight with palms facing down.
- Your torso would be at 45-degree angle you have to lean back in such position. You have to twist as far as possible.
Core Workout Routines Using Accessories
Here are some core moves for your workout, which can be done using accessories.
- As the name suggests this workout involves a cable and you have to rotate with it.
- Hold the cable using both hands and stand before the cable where the cable would be below the shoulder height.
- Your arms would be steady and fixed and your abs would be undergoing tension as you rotate the upper section of your body.
- You will be moving your body once towards the right and then bouncing back to center. Then moving left and coming back to center.
- Both the alternative sides would make one rep and total you have to do 10 complete reps.
- This is undoubtedly one of the best core moves for your workout, particularly those involved in baseball or golfing and racket sports.
Swiss ball Rollout
- This exercise involves Swiss ball for building strong core where you will be kneeling on a mat and your hands will be on the Swiss stability ball.
- You have to keep your back straight and your abs wuld be engaged completely.
- Next you have to roll the balls as far as possible and then you have to roll the ball back to the starting point.
Total 10 rollouts are enough to tone your ab. This exercise is one of the safest core workout and relatively easier on the lower back.