What is Flexion Distraction Technique in Chiropractic Treatment?
Flexion Distraction is a type of tender chiropractic treatment technique which is done for back and/or neck pain. There are many patients suffering from back pain and do not want or require surgery. Flexion-Distraction is quite a safe substitute for back surgery. The chiropractor is in command of the movements in this procedure throughout its duration. Flexion-Distraction is an effective and economical technique of disc decompression which uses a specially designed chiropractic table which allows the patient to bend or flex at the waist and also permits specific head motion along with enabling isolated vertebral separation. This technique is best for patients with current or chronic disc problems. This technique also works as a prophylactic measure to assist in preventing disc problems in patients who are predisposed to such conditions.
Which are the Medical Conditions Treated by Flexion Distraction Technique?
Flexion Distraction Technique Is Beneficial In The Following Conditions:
- Surgical Failed Back Syndromes
- Disc herniation/disc bulging/disc rupture
- Issues with sciatica
- Leg pain
- Issues with stenosis
- "Whiplash" injuries
- Neck Pain
- Arm Pain
- No response or improvement after treatment with steroid injections
- Transitional segment
- Chemical radiculitis
- And many more conditions….
What Are The Benefits Of Flexion Distraction Technique?
In Conditions Related To The Discs:
- It increases intervertebral disc height and creates more space and improves circulation and eliminates annular tension in annular fibers and nerves.
- This technique allows nucleus pulposus, which is a jelly-like center of the disc, to get back to its original position within annular fibers thus relieving spinal nerve irritation.
- It restores vertebral joint to its original physiological relationships of movement.
- Improves posture, bodily functions and locomotion, alleviates pain, and creates a sense of improved overall health.