How Effective is Bisoprolol & What are Its Side Effects?
Bisoprolol in simple language is referred to beta-blocker which influences the flow of blood from the veins and your arteries. Ensure that the Bisoprolol is taken as advised by the doctor because many times you do not see any symptoms of high blood pressure. Depending on the condition you may have to continue with Bisoprolol for life long.
How Effective is Bisoprolol?
Bisoprolol is effectively used for treating hypertension or health problems related to high blood pressure.
The most important thing to remember is about the dose of Bisoprolol. Skipping the dose or stopping it without prior consultation from the doctor can be dangerous. It can lead to severe heart problems and that is why proper consolation is required before you stop or plan to skip the dose.
If the doctor advises you for any surgery, make sure you tell them about the medicines you are taking. If you are suffering from severe heart issues or face difficulty in breathing, Bisoprolol should not be taken in any case.
- If you are allergic to Bisoprolol or any of its components then you must not take it. Also if you are suffering from heart problems like AV block or heart failure then too you must not have it.
- For better results, do talk to the doctor freely about other health problems that you are going through especially the ones related to heart or coronary artery disease, liver or kidney disease, circulation problems, diabetes, thyroid, asthma etc…
- People below the age of 18 years should not be prescribed bisoprolol as it may have any side effect on their health.
Even if you are pregnant or planning for the same, do tell the doctor about it as they will prescribe the medicine and the dose accordingly.
In the case of breastfeeding too, make sure you bring that to the notice of the doctor. Though no side effects have been seen but the proper advice is necessary.
How Should I Take Bisoprolol?
The most important thing is to take the medicine as per the instructions of your doctor and in case you come across any problem, do share it with them. Even the dose should be exactly the same as said by the doctor not more or less but just the right amount.
- If you want to stop the medicine or skip it then you should first consult the doctor before doing it on your own can be hazardous to life.
- If any kind of surgery needs to be done do tell the doctor about bisoprolol or other medicines that you are taking.
- Get your blood pressure checked from time to time.
- Take the medicine on time or as advised by the doctor. If in case you feel any discomfort while taking the medicine gets in touch with the doctor as soon as possible.
- Follow the instructions for storing the medicine.
What is the Recommended Dosage of Bisoprolol?
General Adult Bisoprolol Dose for Hypertension:
5 mg of the dose is advised by the doctor on the initial basis.
In case there is no relief then the doctor can increase the Bisoprolol dose to 10mg and 20 mg too if required. But the maximum that can be taken is 20mg per day.
- The Bisoprolol dose for every patient will differ as some might get relief from low dose while may require a high dose.
- Blood pressure may lower down in at least a week so regular check should be done.
- Managing your blood pressure is one of the best ways to control hypertension and other related issues. So make sure you keep control of everything and enjoy good health.
What are the Side Effects of Bisoprolol?
If you come across any side effects after taking the bisoprolol medicine do talk to the doctor or visit them at the earliest. Difficulty in breathing, swelling of the face, throat etc may be a few of the side effects of Bisoprolol.
Call your expert as soon as possible for immediate help. You might suffer from breathing problems, slow heart rate, chest fluttering, vision problems, numbness, headache, swelling, pain in joints etc.
A few side effects of the bisoprolol may be a runny nose, the problem in sleeping, joint pains etc.