Dark Neck: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Home Remedies
With changing style trends, everyone wishes to look smart and get the excellent looking skin. However, the problem of dark neck becomes a matter of embarrassment often. Generally known, women give more attention to their facial beauty and tend to avoid the neckline. This clears the pathway for the advent of Dark Neck. It is a matter of bothering for women because Dark Neck makes them awkward at the time of hair styling or wearing backless dresses. Well, it has enabled people to look out for options that serve their beauty purpose at the most. There is a need to first check out the points mentioned below about the causes and diagnosis of the dark neck.
Symptoms of Dark Neck
Dark Neck is a serious obstacle in the way of looking smart because it lends a shabby appeal. Indeed, the only symptom that has been witnessed is dark patches on the skin of neck. If they are not treated well on time; there is a strict possibility of spreading of the patches and they might turn black as well. This will surely look awful with the passage of time.
Causes of Dark Neck
Dark Neck can be caused by under-mentioned aspects and create a havoc for beauty conscious people.
- Dark Neck Caused Due to Poor Hygiene: Not being attentive to clean the neck regularly results in dark neck.
- Dark Neck Caused Due to Sun Tanning: Long term sun exposure results in sun tanning; thus in dark neck.
- Dark Neck Caused as a Result of Side effect of Medicines: Dark neck can also be a result of side-effect of any medicine or drug.
- Disease: Some diseases such as diabetes and obesity can cause dark neck.
Actually, the dark colored skin patches occur on the epidermis layer of skin. In this case, the epidermal skin cells starts reproducing rapidly. The abnormal growth in skin cells triggers the production of insulin in the blood. This results in skin darkness.
Diagnosis of Dark Neck
Dark Neck, called as Acanthosis nigricans in the scientific language, the doctor ask for a diabetes check. Further, a small skin biopsy might be done as per causes. Not to forget that identifying velvety dark patches on the skin definitely indicates the problem.
Treatment of Dark Neck
The treatment of dark neck is possible. Dark Neck can be treated with the help of home remedies, medication and skin lightening creams. Here are some simple treatment measures to get rid of this problem within a short time period:
- Wash the neck thrice a day with a moisturizing soap
- Cleanse it daily twice with a gentle cleanser
- Exfoliation is also an important step to treat the dark neck because regular removal of dead cells is necessary to avoid darkness.
- Don't forget to moisturize the dark neck daily after bathing. This will also avoid skin dryness.
- Apply effective skin lightening creams on regular basis.
Home Remedies for the Dark Neck
Although, there is no dearth of good and effective creams in the market that work well to treat the problem of dark neck; still, nothing can be a better idea than home remedies. Secondly, it is easier to trust upon home remedies for the reason that they do not leave any side-effects on the skin. Here is the list of some effective home remedies to get rid of dark neck.
- Lemon Juice for Dark Neck: Lemon juice can be an effective home remedy to get rid of dark neck. One of the best natural bleaching agents is lemon juice. It can be used alone or can be used as a skin whitening mixture with rose water. The all that is needed to be done is preparing the solution of lemon juice and rose water in equal amount and applying it daily twice on the dark skin. This gives good results within 2 weeks.
- Home Remedy for Dark Neck Using Potato Paste: Potato is a natural skin whitening agent and it can be used directly or in the paste form. To remove darkness from the neck, slowly rub slices of potato directly on the neck twice a day. Alternatively, the paste of potato and potato juice can also work. Just apply the potato juice or paste on the dark skin directly, allow it to dry and wash with cold water.
- Aloe-Vera Gel for Treating Dark Neck at Home: Aloe Vera gel is a useful home remedy and works greatly for lightening the dark skin, especially the skin which is dark from long time. Fresh and pure aloe vera gel can be applied directly on the dark neck. Leave it for about half an hour to dry and wash with normal water.
- Oatmeal Scrub Home Remedy for Dark Neck: Take a cup of oatmeal and make a paste with the help of milk. This will make a good scrub for your dark neck. Mixing few drops of honey in this paste will work better. Allow the paste to dry a little bit after applying it and then start scrubbing slowly. Wash with cold water. Try this effective home remedy on alternative days for about four weeks.
- Home Remedy for Dark Neck Using Yogurt and Honey Paste: Yogurt is known well from decades for skin lightening. Just take a small cup of yogurt with a teaspoon of turmeric and 8 to 10 drops of honey. Mix all the ingredients together and apply them on your dark neck. Leave it to dry and wash with cold water after sometime.
- Sandalwood Can be an Effective Home Remedy to Get Rid of Dark Neck: Sandalwood is known as a natural skin soother. This can bring the lost glow of the skin. Make paste of sandalwood powder with water and add a few drops of rose water in it. Apply the pack uniformly on the dark neck and wait until it dries. Wash gently with cold water.
- Cucumber for Dark Neck: Dark skin that is a result of tanning can be treated simply with cucumber. Use cucumber paste or cucumber juice directly on the neck and leave it to dry. This will not only moisturize the skin but also has effects for lightening the complexion of the dark neck.
Creams to Lighten Dark Neck
The best thing to be done for quick treatment of dark neck is regular use of skin lightening creams. Here is the list of some effective skin lightening creams:
- Meladerm Skin Brightening Cream: This cream tops the list of skin lightening creams available in the market. It contains multivitamins, skin lightening agents and many extracts that work wonders in reducing darkness of any skin area.
- Fair & White Cream Eclaircissante Whitening Crème: This is one of the most affordable and result yielding crème available in the market. It has been found to be effective by many for reducing problems of dark neck.
- Radiance Boosting Complex Skin Brightener: This is a highly effective product having vitamin E and A, Willow bark and licorice extract and glycolic acid that helps in lightening of skin darkness and promotes an even tone in skin. It can be used for dark neck problems for lightening the skin and restore the natural skin color.
- Lumixyl Skin Brightening Cream: This is another well-known product for its drastic effect on hyperpigmentation.
- Superfade Cream: Superfade Cream and Superfade Face creams are pharmacy medicines and are hence available only through pharmaceutical stores. However, this cream has been in the market for over 25 years and has proven its effect in brightening of skin tone. It can very well be used for reducing dark neck problems and thus you can get back the natural neck skin color of yours.
It is clear now that the problem of dark neck can be resolved with the help of cosmetics or home remedies. Those who are not having this problem can avoid this beauty problem by just following the precautions. The only thing to keep in mind while using treatments is to have patience and wait for results. Follow the treatments regularly for many days as it takes time for the dark neck to become lighter.