Molluscum contagiosum implies an infection, which causes small bumps on the skin. An individual gets this by touching infected skin in any way, along with involving in any sexual activity. Even though the bumps are often painless, they may sometimes become sore, itchy and swollen. In most of the cases, one can overcome it on own, while others require treatment. Irrespective of the situation, bumps and the infection are not dangerous in any way.
What Helps Molluscum Go Away?
Molluscum Contagiosum disease in most of the cases goes away on its own and it does not require any treatment. However, doctors may recommend you removing the bumps and for this, they prescribe you certain medicines to apply on them.
Treatment Procedures To Cure Molluscum
If you suffer from molluscum contagiosum, your doctor may remove its growth by applying different techniques i.e.
- Freezing and
- Laser technique
At the same time, doctors give you prescribed medicine or cream to apply at the removed bump at your home. In simple words, treatment of molluscum contagiosum is more or less similar to the treatment of warts.
Why Treatment is Essential?
As discussed before, molluscum disease often goes away on its own after sometime, because of which a few of the individuals do not opt for the removal of its growth or undergo any treatment procedure. However, the problem in this case is that if you leave your disease untreated, it requires about 6months to 12months for clearing of your bumps. During that period, you may spread the respective virus to other individuals. Once doctors remove the bumps from your body, the molluscum virus goes away completely and it never comes back later. However, if you suffer from another same infection in future, you will get bumps in your body again.
Going Away Of Your Molluscum Disease Depends On Important Precautions
If you undergo treatment to remove the growth of your bumps with medication and any other techniques applied by your doctor, it is highly essential for you to take proper care of the skin in the following weeks and months. This means, you have to-
- Keep your infected area in clean condition. Accordingly, you should use different towels to dry other parts of the body after you take a bath or shower.
- Never scratch the area, on which you undergo with the treatment from your doctor.
- Make sure to wash your hands after you touch the treated area.
If you had lesions nearby your vaginal, penis or anus area and you feel uncomfortable after your treatment, you should avoid involving in sexual activities for the time being.
You should make sure intake a pain reliever and apply ice packs to manage your pain and discomfort, which you may experience after your treatment procedure.
Cause And Spread Of Molluscum Skin Infection
Molluscum contagiosum passes due to close contact with an infected person. Most of the adults get this virus from sexual intercourse. However, one can get the infection in many other ways too, as we have discussed here.
- Spreading of molluscum virus requires only skin contacts of a person’s infected body part or parts.
- You may get the infection by touching toys, towels and clothes.
- Molluscum infection spreads to other body parts by scratching or touching the infected lesions or bumps.
Other than this, if we talk about children, they may easily get the problem by touching the infected bumps on any other kids’ skin or sharing of various objects and toys with other children. Bumps in case of kids usually grow on arms, stomach, face or legs.
To conclude, we should say that the combination of treatment procedure, medications, ice packs and proper precautions help in faster go away of molluscum contagiosum disease.
- What Causes You To Have Molluscum Contagiosum?
- How Do You Stop Molluscum Contagiosum From Spreading?
- What Is The Fastest Way To Get Rid Of Molluscum Contagiosum?
- Does Wart Remover Work On Molluscum Contagiosum?
- Can You Be Immune To Molluscum Contagiosum?
- Is There A Cream For Molluscum Contagiosum?
- How To Cope With Molluscum Contagiosum?