What is Face Yoga or Facial Yoga?
As we do yoga to strengthen our mind and body, face yoga helps in exercising and strengthening our facial muscles. It is a very relaxing and enjoyable facial exercise, which helps toning and rejuvenating your face and neck muscles. With the help of face yoga, you can tone all the neglected facial muscles, which results in giving a natural facelift without surgical procedures. It takes all of 10 minutes for face yoga to do and can be modified according to one’s own needs. Face yoga or Facial Yoga is a natural way to maintain and re-establishing the natural facial contours.
What are the Benefits of Face Yoga or Facial Yoga?
- Face yoga slows the aging process.
- Facial exercises helps tones the muscles in the face and neck.
- Regular practice of face yoga exercises helps increase self confidence and self esteem.
- Facial yoga gives you an inner sense of well being.
- Doing couple of minutes of exercises for face helps in releasing tension.
- Facial yoga promotes blood circulation to the face and neck.
- Performing facial exercises or face yoga helps improve facial complexion due to increased circulation.
- Facial yoga helps decrease jowls, fills out cheeks, decreases puffiness or eye bags and most importantly face yoga exercises helps eliminate double chin.
- Face exercises help in relaxing the upper body which in turn relieves headaches and neck stiffness.
- Performing regular face exercises would make you feel lighter.
- Face yoga can help you achieve more defined cheeks.
- Your lips will fill out and become more defined.
- Facial Yoga To Get Rod of Droopy Eyelids: Droopy eyelids will be corrected resulting in more wide opened eyes.
- Performing regular face yoga poses increases your facial symmetry.
- Decreases lines and wrinkles on your forehead, lips, eyes (crow’s feet), cheeks, nasolabial folds etc.
- The droopy corners of the mouth get uplifted by doing regular yoga exercises for face.
- Face yoga decreases the dark circles under your eyes and gives you an even skin tone.
- Your skin becomes more smooth and supple.
- Yoga exercises for face gives you a firmer and youthful looking face.
Face Yoga: Get Rid Of Droopy Eyelid, Sagging Eyelid and Forehead Lines With Face Exercises
The Face Yoga or Facial Yoga comprises of mini postures, gentle exercises which target certain regions of the face and neck. It helps in increasing the circulation by gently pressing points in the face, neck and head. This relieves you of tension, removes impurities and gives you a glowing skin.
Given Below Are Some Face Yoga or Facial Yoga Exercises Which Can Be Tried Out At Home:
Face Yoga Upper Eyelid Exercise To Correct Droopy Eyelid:
This upper eyelid exercise helps in strengthening and toning the upper eyelids and reduces puffiness & makes your eyes more wide opened.
- Bend your first fingers of both the hands and keep them just below your eyebrows such that the fingers resemble like a hook under the eyebrows.
- Move your eyelids so that you are conscious of them.
- As you keep both the fingers in place, slowly move them up so your eyebrows are raised.
- Slowly close your eyes. You can feel your eyelids stretching.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds and slowly release.
- Repeat this exercise once more.
Face Yoga Lower Eyelid Exercise For Sagging Eyelids:
This exercise helps in toning and strengthening your lower eye lids.
- Keep your first fingers of both the hands on the external side of the eye corner.
- Next, place your second fingers on the inside of your eye corners.
- Try to concentrate on your lower eyelid muscle and pulse for 10 times.
- Squeeze and shut your eyelids firmly and hold this for 10 seconds.
- Slowly relax and repeat once more.
Face Yoga Exercise For Toning the Lips and Mouth:
This exercise helps in toning the corners of your mouth.
- Firmly compress your lips together.
- Focus on the corners of your mouth. You can feel the resistance in them.
- Now smile slowly towards your ears using your mouth corners.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds then release slowly.
- Repeat one more time.
Face Yoga Exercise To Get Rid of Forehead Lines and Smoothen the Forehead:
This exercise helps in smoothening the horizontal forehead lines and releases tension.
- Focus on your forehead and think of it as a smooth mirror.
- Place your first four finger pads together vertically above your eyebrows in a straight line.
- Close your eyes and try to sense an outward movement while slowly sliding your finger pads across your forehead towards your hair line.
- Release slowly and relax. Repeat once more.
Doing face yoga regularly will definitely give you many benefits. Other than this you should also try some side measures for improve overall health, such as:
- Always think positive and be happy.
- Meditate daily.
- Keep tabs on your emotional health and always prepare yourself for any type of change in your life.
- Practice deep breathing.
- Try to get adequate sleep daily.
- Follow a balanced and nutritious diet which is rich in fiber, protein, antioxidants, vitamins and essential fats.
- Drink lots of water.
- Follow a good skin care regime.