The liver is a fascinating organ of the human body. Apart from being the largest organ, it possesses the self-heal mechanism that no other organ consists. Due to this reason, it makes it possible for the organ to repair whenever it experiences damage. Nonetheless, the self-heal deteriorates when the damage increases, which causes the liver to function abnormally or with reduced impact in burning fat and removing toxins from the body.
Due to its size and position, it collects everything before it releases anything into the bloodstream. Boosting liver health is essential to ensure that you remain in good health and the body is free from unwanted chemicals. With abnormal functioning of the liver, you will find metabolism, hormone production, clean blood, and digestion working at their least potential.
How Can Doing Yoga Improve Your Liver Function?
Yoga is the practice of posture along with control of the breath that improves the blood flow to different parts of the body. Practicing yoga not only improves the blood circulation but also enhances the flexibility of the body. Additionally, it enhances concentration, keeps the body, mind, and soul at peace. The different postures improve the functioning of the liver, nourish the internal organs, and flush away toxins.
What Yoga Postures Are Good For Liver Health?
The following postures discussed here are useful for improving the functionality of the liver. They also help in protecting against harmful toxins that can cause scarring. You receive the following benefits when you take good care of the liver:
- Increase in energy levels
- Clearer skin
- Reduced infections
- Improved immunity
- Reduced complaints of digestion
- Positive mood and sharp mind
- Fresh oral and breath
The Skull Shining Breathing Exercise
The breathing technique involves inhalation and exhalation. During inhalation, the stomach sinks and opens when you exhale. The practice improves the functionality of the muscles that surround the liver. Due to the breathing practice, you are enhancing the movement of the blood flow to the muscles to the abdominal region consisting of the liver and the pancreas. Make sure that you are sitting on a flat surface and breathing correctly. Concentrating on the breathing during the procedure is essential, as it helps in improving the concentration levels, relieves you from the pressure, and keeps you at peace.
The Seated Spinal Twist
The seated spinal twist yoga posture helps in revitalizing the health of the liver and get relief from bloating. The position requires you to sit on a flat surface, bend the right knee and place it on the left thigh. Place the left heel under the glute of the right leg. You have to turn to the right side and put the right hand behind the sacrum at the back. Lengthen the spine while profoundly inhaling. Twist, exhale, and use your left hand to press the thigh and the thigh pushing the arm. Hold the position for at least five breaths. Repeat the same on the other side. You can perform the entire act for at least 15 minutes.
The twist of the body to the side while exhaling and inhaling the breath improves the strength of the muscles around the liver.
The Cat Pose
The pose requires you to kneel down on the floor on all fours. You will set the head in neutral position. Slowly move the spine towards the ceiling while exhaling. Now, slowly move the head towards floor. Inhale slowly while coming back to the original posture. The act improves the strength of muscles around the liver and blood circulation.
Practicing yoga is a healthy way to improve and maintain the health of the liver.
- Liver Cancer or Hepatic Cancer: Classification & Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Signs, Investigations, Treatment, Prevention
- What is Flow Yoga or Vinyasa Yoga? Know Its Benefits
- What is Hot Yoga or Bikram Yoga? Types and Benefits of Hot Yoga
- What is Prenatal Yoga? Its Benefits, Know What is Taught in Prenatal Yoga Class and its Safety Instructions
- What is Restorative Yoga? Its Benefits, Poses and Commonly Used Props
- What is Hatha Yoga and What are Its Benefits?
- Liver Disease In Pregnancy: Definition, Causes, Types, Diagnosis, Symptoms, Signs, Treatment, Factors To Consider In Pregnancy
- Fatty Liver Disease (FLD): Causes, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Treatment, Prevention
- Polycystic Liver Disease (PLD): Causes, Symptoms, Signs, Diagnosis, Treatment
- Liver Damage or Liver Failure: Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Prevention