Can Allergies Cause Sore Throat?|Natural Remedies to Cure Allergy Sore Throat
Can allergies cause sore throat? This is a common question faced by many people and needs to be addressed. While this is true, it is also necessary to know about the natural remedies to cure sore throat caused due to allergies.
Can Allergies Cause Sore Throat?
Allergy reactions are different in all cases. Normally, nose and throat are affected by the allergic reactions. Throat has glands that continuously develop mucus. Therefore, mucus keeps the upper respiratory tract wet and maintains cleanliness while protecting from infection. When it comes to answering the question, can allergies cause sore throat, it is important to note that mucus is greatly increased by allergies, which irritates the throat all the more.
People often wonder how allergies can cause sore throat; but the explanation is simple. Dust, air pollution or toxic environment contains some allergen pollens that you unknowingly swallow and after some time body starts releasing chemicals that amplify the levels of mucus present in throat glands. The over production of mucus to fight infection leads to excessive stuffy nose, sneezes, running nose, sore throat and extreme coughing. Soreness, coughing and tickling are three symptoms which becomes a chief reason for dust allergy.
People often experience sneezing and sore throat at the same time after taking bath in a water pool where multiple people swim and release toxins of their body. Generally after a long trip in water parks, you may suffer from fever and itching in the throat area. If not treated immediately, then virus or allergies can further cause sore throat. Mucus is the later stage when no medicine is taken for its healing. While in the initial stage, there is much dryness and scratchy sensation in the throat. After several days of dry coughing infection starts reaching to bronchi region where mucus transfers and throat glands produce more mucus to fight back infection. Hence, throat swells up and mucus starts draining out whenever the patient coughs.
This is the main way in which allergies can cause sore throat.
However, with the help of natural remedies you can treat sore throat caused by allergies in best possible time frame without any known side effects.
Natural Remedies to Cure Allergy Sore Throat
As allergies can cause sore throat, some natural remedies
- Clove and Black Pepper Mixture- Honey is a very good component that sooths all type of allergies. On sore throat, honey works as an antioxidant and releases toxins quickly, but to soothe sore throat you can add drops of clove oil and black pepper. This is one of the most effective natural remedies to cure allergy sore throat. Take one spoon of this mixture before breakfast in the morning and then in the afternoon or at night. Honey will create an antibacterial lining in throat passage, while black pepper will fight with bacteria and clove is helpful in preventing pain. So, three actions will take place at a time and you will be able to get relief very soon.
- Salt Water Gargles- Gargling are prescribed in every case whether there is cough, allergy sore throat or tonsil stones in throat. This is the most widely used natural remedies to cure sore throat from allergies. If you are suffering from severe pain because of sore throat that is caused by a particular food allergy, then you should gargle. Salt water can be prepared with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt in one glass of water approx. 250 ml. Mix in hot water that can be used for gargle. Do not swallow salt water, as it may result in vomiting because of the salt effect. Gargle three times a day or as directed by physician.
- Chamomile Tea- This too is one of the popular natural remedies to cure allergy sore throat. It has natural soothing properties as it has medicinal features and helps in sore throat. Astringent and anti-inflammatory values are present in chamomile tea. You can get this tea in any renowned departmental store easily. You can drink this tea before consuming food, so that you can swallow food easily without pain and bitterness.
- Peppermint Use- Peppermint is very well known for the ability to maintain fresh breath. In market, oil sprays integrated with peppermint are available that are known for relieving throats. It is also soothing and effective in giving relief from cough and allergy sore throat. It has the ability to fight with allergies and able to prevent them further. Essential oils should not be used without combining them with catalyst oil such as sweet almond oil, olive oil and tempered coconut oil. Mix few drops of peppermint oil with other catalyst oils i.e., in one ounce and then swallow it gradually, so that it sustains for a long period in throat. This is one of the most widely used natural remedies to cure core throat from allergies.
- Fenugreek Seeds- It has several health benefits because its analgesic properties kill bacteria and reduce inflammation, thus making it an effective natural remedies for allergy sore throat. Fenugreek has great healing powers, which is why elders at home use fenugreek in food preparations a lot. It can help fight fungal infection completely on gradual use. Boil one table spoon fenugreek seeds in one glass water. When the water remains 3/4th then keep it for cooling at normal temperature. After coming to normal temperature, it will taste fine and you can drink it occasionally in 24 hours.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- It should be used in daily food preparation to fight back with allergies sore throat and fungal infections. You can get relief for your allergy sore throat after consuming two table spoons vinegar in luke warm water. It will taste bitter and you are supposed to drink at once. This will remove infection from throat lining and after a week use, you will be totally free from sore and pain in throat.
There are some more ingredients available in your kitchen and one of them is turmeric. If you have a whole turmeric stem then crush it in a grinder and make it a powder. Take one glass milk and add turmeric with sugar in small quantity, mix properly and drink at night. This will soothe cough, severe pain and gives a good sleep at night.
Final Thought on Sore Throat Caused by Allergy
It is a fact that allergies can cause sore throat and its treatment is very necessary to be done on time. Many herbal preparations are available in the market that are commonly used to cure sore throat. But it is best to use such products after seeking medical opinion. Natural remedies usually don't have any side effects, making it popular for treating sore throat from allergies.