Merkel cell carcinoma is rare skin cancer and it commences whenever cells present in the skin referred to as Merkel cells start growing out of their control. Merkel cell carcinoma tends to grow at a faster rate and becomes difficult to treat in the case it spreads beyond one’s skin.
Can Merkel Cell Carcinoma Go Away On Its Own?
In most of the cases, MCC i.e. Merkel Cell Carcinoma, an aggressive form of skin tumor has a poor prognosis and as similar to any other type of skin cancer, the incidence associated with Merkel cell carcinoma is increasing in a consistent way. However, a few of the medical reports have revealed spontaneous regression of Merkel cell carcinoma patients even though the disease has a poor prognosis.(3)
What Are The Natural Remedies For Merkel Cell Carcinoma?
To Prevent the Overexposure of Ultraviolet Rays
We know that the exposure to ultraviolet radiation is the prime reason behind Merkel Cell Carcinoma disease. Hence, to deal with Merkel cell carcinoma and its symptoms, it is essential for us to prevent the overexposure of ultraviolet rays. This is particularly true if any of your family members or close relatives have had Merkel cell carcinoma or any other skin cancer disease in the past. Especially, you have to make the following habits as an important part of your daily care routine to protect yourself from the problem Take steps to find any shade, especially between morning 10 am till evening 4 pm.
- Strictly avoid yourself from sunburn
- Avoid tanning and simultaneously, avoid using any type of UV tanning beds
- You should make sure to cover up your clothes, including a UV-blocking sunglass and a broad yet brimmed type of hat.
- You should always use a broad-spectrum sunscreen i.e. UVB or UVA with SPF 15 or even higher one on a daily basis.
- If you involve in extended outdoor activities, you should use a broad-spectrum and water-resistant sunscreen with SPF 30 or even high.
- You have to apply about 2 tablespoon of sunscreen in your entire body half an hour before you should go outside. Even you should reapply the sunscreen after every 2 hours period and after excessive sweating or swimming activity.
- Keep your newborn babies and infants out from the sunlight, as sunscreens are applicable only on babies exceeding six months.
- An individual should examine his or her skin from head to toe on a monthly basis.
- Schedule an appointment with a dermatologist yearly to undergo professional skin examination.(1) (2)
To Make Sure About A Strong Immune System
A weak immune system increases your risk related to suffering from Merkel cell carcinoma and other similar types or forms of skin cancer. Moreover, in a few of the cases, like for instance organ transplantation, you do not have any control over things, which you should do for your suppressed or weak the immune system. However, if you are one of the HIV infected individuals, you may easily manage your weak immune system by simply avoiding your risk factors related to HIV infection.
- Does Merkel Cell Carcinoma Hurt & What Virus Causes It?
- How Aggressive Is Merkel Cell Carcinoma & What Is The Function Of A Merkel Cell?
- Is Merkel Cell Carcinoma Fatal & What Does Merkel Cell Cancer Look Like?
- Is Merkel Cell Carcinoma Worse Than Melanoma?
- Differences Between Merkel Cell Carcinoma & Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Merkel Cell Carcinoma Vs. Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- What Is Merkel Cell Carcinoma Of The Eyelid & Merkel Cell Carcinoma Of Thigh?