What Causes Sour Smell Under Breast & Treatments, Tips to Get Rid of it
A woman is indeed the creation of god that forms a complete picture of love and admiration. Her body undergoes many changes owing to the external, physiological and emotional factors. While women deserve all the love and attention, some problems can affect their health and well-being, which needs to be taken care of. Sour smell under breast is a condition faced by many women and is surely embarrassing for healthy women.
Causes of Sour Smell Under Breast
Sour smell under breast basically occurs because of the accumulation of sweat under breasts. This may be due to excessive sweating, an underlying medical problem or a skin condition, but if it is left untreated, many skin conditions can emerge out of this. Fungus, bacteria and other microorganisms can multiply in this area and worsen the sour smell under breast.
There are various causes of sour smell under breast. Some of the common causes of under breast sour smell includes lack of hygiene and accumulation of moisture under the breasts. Though it is a common condition in both men and women, the problems can be more severe in women.
Many women experience sour smell under breast, when living in areas that have mild to peak summers. In hot and humid areas, the skin under breasts remains moist for a long time, which allows the microorganisms to breed. As a result, the fungi and bacteria multiply under breasts, which eventually leads to foul smell. This is one of the commonest cause of sour smell under breast.
Treatment of Sour Smell Under Breast
While there are many treatment and remedies to get rid of sour smell under breast, the first step is to identify the exact cause. In most cases, sour smell under the breast is a result of excessive sweating, infection, other medical or skin problems. For possible medical conditions, it is best to seek medical opinion. For most known reasons, it is necessary to treat the underlying causes and prevent the risk factors of the causes of under breast sour smell.
Women who are diabetic, aging or over-weight, have greater chances of infections and sour smelling under breasts. Necessary medicines and precautions must be taken to manage sour smell under breast in such cases. Maintaining blood sugar levels, weight management and keeping yourself fit while aging are some of the remedial measures in such cases. Lactating mothers too are at increased risk of sour smell under breast and it is all the more necessary to keep the area clean and free from infections.
Tips to Get Rid of Sour Smell Under Breast
Here are some simple tips to manage sour smell under breast.
- Placing a Strip of Cotton – This is one of the simplest remedy to get rid of sour smell under breast. Place a cotton strip under the breasts so that the strip absorbs the moisture from that area.
- Wear Light Fabrics - Wearing light, comfortable clothing to avoid accumulation of moisture under the breast area. This can avoid breeding of microorganisms and can prevent sour smell under breast.
- Use Vinegar - This is another popular remedy to get rid of sour smell under breast. Prepare a mix of vinegar and water. Dip your clothes and undergarments in it for some time and then dry the clothes in sunlight. With Apple cider vinegar, you have to simply apply it with a cotton on the area so that you get rid of the smell in due time.
- Using Coconut Oil - As oil has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. This makes it a lot more desirable piece of solution to treat under breast sour smell.
- Calamine Lotion Works Wonders - Calamine lotion is known to have the properties to ward off the skin ailments and can be effective to manage sour smell under breast. Clean the skin with a mild soap, pat it dry with a towel and then apply the calamine lotion. Thus, repeating this process several times a day can indeed free you from sour smell under breast and prevent itching in the area.
- Using Corn Starch - Simply wash the area with mild soap and then apply the corn starch after drying it up with a towel. Corn starch should not be used on moist skin, or else, the rashes can become more prominent and worsen sour smelling under the breasts; however, when used properly it can work wonders.