Is Apple Cider Vinegar Beneficial in Weight Loss?
Apple Cider Vinegar & Weight Loss
We all have heard of the common use of organic, raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar assisting in the weight loss process. Since it is a probiotic, apple cider vinegar does hold certain health benefits and assists in weight loss. Before we know how does apple cider vinegar help in the whole weight loss process, how to take it for weight loss and what are its dangers, let`s understand how it`s made.
Actually apple cider vinegar is made by the fermentation process. At first, the apples are cut, crushed and then combined with yeast to turn into alcohol. Secondly bacteria is added to this solution to turn it into acetic acid. Acetic acid is the primary and most main active component in the whole production of apple cider vinegar. Being also known as ethanoic acid, it`s an organic compound with a sour taste and very strong odor. Approximately 5-6% of the apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid. The solution also contains water and other amounts of acids like the malic acid.
Now coming to the role of apple cider vinegar in the weight loss process, one clearly needs to understand this that weight loss is achieved by proper nutrition and exercise only. The role of nutrition in fat loss is 80% while the rest 20% goes to exercise. People try many things like diet changes, slogging hours in gym and even starving. Though this is a temporary weight loss process, it doesn't help permanent fat loss from the body in the long run. Permanent weight loss can be achieved by only through a clean nutrition.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Beneficial in Weight Loss?
Well there have been many questions regarding the role of acetic acid in shredding down fat, but the truth is this will only be achieved by supplicating it with proper exercise and nutrition. So here we understand how does apple cider vinegar burns fat from the body.
- All the organic acids, vitamins, enzymes and essential minerals present in the apple cider vinegar boost the metabolism in the body. The boosted metabolism enhances the fat burning process and prevents the accumulation of fat in the body.
- The beta-carotene element present in the body helps the breaks down of fat and removes fat from the body.
- Apple cider vinegar is immensely rich in glucose and fibers which reduces the glucose content in the blood stream. It also helps in controlling cravings of sugar and eating
- The fiber in the apple cider vinegar helps in detoxifying the body. It improves the bowel movement as well as absorbs the toxins in the body.
- It also discourages retention of water in the body
- Apple cider vinegar also improves the overall health of the body. It also lowers the cholesterol levels in the body. Kills the bacteria causing diseases in the body and also regulates the oxygen flow.
How to Take Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss?
One of the easiest and most common ways of incorporating vinegar in your weight loss diet is by using it in Salad. In fact it gets tasty with cucumber, tomatoes and other leafy green vegetables. Here are three recipes which you can include apple cider vinegar in your salad.
Apple Cider Vinegar Weight Loss Diet Recipe 1- Salad Dressing
- In a bowl or cup of, add ½ of olive oil and apple cider vinegar along with 2 garlic gloves, 2 spoons of maple syrup and salt, pepper as per your taste.
- Now try whisking the contents together and drizzle this amount over your salad.
Apple Cider Vinegar Weight Loss Diet Recipe 2- Garden Herb Dressing
- Combine together ½ amount of olive oil, ¼ of freshly chopped herbs, an apple cider vinegar and add further 2-3 spoons or honey, salt and pepper for taste
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly and add the mixture to a salad
Apple Cider Vinegar Weight Loss Diet Recipe 3- Ginger Sesame Dressing
- In a bowl, combine 1 spoon of ginger,2 finely chopped garlic cloves, 1 spoon of sesame seed, ¼ sesame oil, 3 spoons of apple cider vinegar along with 1 spoon of maple syrup.
- Now mix the contents well and add it in your salad.
So these were the three different salad recipes by which you can add apple acetic vinegar to your diet and lose weight.
Dangers of Using Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
Since apple cider vinegar`s primary and active ingredient is acetic acid and so immense or over the limit consumption can lead to various health issues. Here are some dangers of using apple cider vinegar for weight loss:
- If taken in undiluted form, apple cider vinegar can cause serious problems like heartburn, nausea, indigestion, and gastrointestinal upsets.
- For effectiveness purpose, avoid consuming distilled pasteurized and even filtered apple cider vinegar. For better results take the organic, raw and even an unpasteurized vinegar to get maximum results in your weight loss efforts.
- Also an undiluted apple cider vinegar is dangerous for esophagus since it can hurt it. it's better to dilute it with water and then consume it.
- Since apple cider vinegar contains almost 5-6% of acetic acid, consuming it orally can damage the tooth enamel. Instead use a straw to drink apple cider vinegar to avoid such irreparable damages.
- Besides adding apple cider vinegar in your weight loss diet, also consume considerable amount of water in order to flush out toxins and stay hydrated.
So these dangers of apple cider vinegar must be clearly borne in mind before proceeding for consumption because intake of anything in excess invites peril. In case, you do not like the taste of apple cider vinegar you can take it in pills form. However, regarding the pill amount and size always consult a doctor. Lastly, the entire weight loss process rests on the overall nutrition and exercise one does. Exercise plays effectual role in shredding extra fat from the body. When a person exercises, the body starts burning stored energy which is actually fat. Half an hour of cardio coupled with another half of weight lifting is perfect for getting into shape. Follow the regime for at least 2 months since fat loss isn`t matter of weeks, it`s result of months. Proper adequate sleep is also very important for the muscles to repair and for the body to relax.