About Adrenal Fatigue
Adrenal fatigue is a group of signs and symptoms, which results when the adrenal glands do not function normally. It is associated with body ache, sleep disturbances, intense stress, fatigue, digestive problems, nervousness and chronic infections like flu, bronchitis and pneumonia. People suffering from this medical condition may not possess any illness but still feel fatigue even after having proper sleep. They crave for salty snacks. Adrenal glands produce numerous hormones essential to life. When the hormones are produced in inadequate quantity it results in the underlying disease. The causes of Adrenal fatigue include emotional stress, diet, insufficient sleep, chemicals and pollutants, chronic disease and trauma. It is important to treat adrenal fatigue.
Ways to Reverse Adrenal Fatigue
Adrenal fatigue should be addressed at the earliest. It takes time to heal the adrenal glands. Normally, one takes 6-9 months to heal from the minor adrenal fatigue and 24 months to heal from severe adrenal fatigue. Recovering from adrenal fatigue includes physical and mental health and making changes in lifestyle, which includes regular sleep, reduced stressful situations, and proper nutrition.
The Ways To Reverse Adrenal Fatigue Are:
#1. Eliminate the caffeine from the diet till the adrenals are normal. This also helps to reset the cortisol levels.
#2. Eliminate excess sugar from the diet. Eating too much sugar causes the adrenals to work hard. Do not skip breakfast and eat lots of colored vegetables, whole grains, and protein.
#3. Try to go to bed before 10 P.M. Keep a regular bedtime so the body gets the proper sleep.
#4. Meditate every day for at least 10 minutes. This regulates your breathing, calms your body and mind, and helps to manage stress.
#5. Consume more natural salts that are full of minerals and support the adrenal function and heals the adrenals too.
#6. Do not do too much cardio or over-exercise because it is hard on the adrenals. People suffering from adrenal fatigue should switch over to a moderate exercise like yoga and walk.
#7. Take Adaptogenic herbs that can help the body to deal with bodily stress in a better way. Herbs like ashwagandha support an adrenal health.
#8. Vitamin B is good for maintaining the adrenal function. These help you to deal with the stress in a healthy way. The foods rich in vitamin B are green leafy vegetables, whole grains, legumes, chicken, milk, and fish.
Ways to Prevent Adrenal Fatigue
To prevent adrenal fatigue from occurring you need to:
- Increase the intake of Vitamin C and Vitamin B5. Eat lots of citrus fruits, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, spinach, and Vitamin B5 foods like avocados, peanuts, brown, soybeans, and lentils.
- Eat six small meals daily rather than taking three meals daily.
- Cut out the intake of caffeine as it overstimulates the adrenal glands to the point that it may even fail. Lower the caffeine consumption and switch over to the natural herbs and less-caffeinated green tea.
Treating ore reversing adrenal fatigue is not simple. It does not get treated by taking a pill every morning. It takes time to reverse adrenal fatigue. It takes months to recover and the treatment methods are linked to one other. To recover from adrenal fatigue and to get the energy levels back to normal, you must follow a combination of different strategies. A change in lifestyle is mandatory and helps not only in managing adrenal fatigue but also reversing it to a great extent.
- Mayo Clinic – Adrenal fatigue: What causes it?: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/adrenal-fatigue/symptoms-causes/syc-20355177
- Healthline – How to Reverse Adrenal Fatigue: https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-reverse-adrenal-fatigue
- Medical News Today – Adrenal fatigue: What you need to know: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321486