The range of symptoms and experiences that are lumped together under the label of multiple sclerosis is great and this is perhaps so coinciding with the number of people who are diagnosed for optic neuritis. Multiple sclerosis often leads to optic neuritis and their typical symptoms are vision problems, pain, and inflammation in the eye surface which may lead to temporary loss of vision.
This condition can significantly impact the ability to perform your daily routines and limit to function at the workplace. It may require modifying your work scheduled and your environment. You may often feel a loss of control and the situation can be more intimidating of what lies ahead.
Coping Methods For Optic Neuritis
At the intersection of faith and anguish is a bench to sit and relax and this would allow us to take to a deep breath to come out of the stress what the disease that influenced us. We can do everything to make a difference and view life with a different perception and with a positive attitude, adapting to a new normal, and finding the courage to move on.
There are certain ways with which you can make an improvement and explore options to live with this condition which is referred to as coping strategies. Coping strategies can structure our lives through healthy eating habits, taking recommended medications and avoiding toxic relationships. Furthermore, the strategies would help. 1.2
Support Groups And Close Peers– Support groups are indeed a potential strategy for a very helpful sharing experience. They deliver an atmosphere where you can understand new ways of coping with your illness.
Awareness Of The Condition– Be a professional in your disorder. The extra informed you are about MS, the better you’ll understand it.
Build A Team Of Experts– Your healthcare provider may also be proficient to advise a community group that is intended to help individuals with vision challenges discover new approaches to living their lives. Discuss with your physician, therapist, or your hospital’s health center for recommendations.
Follow A Healthy Lifestyle– Take care of yourself by the following nutrition, develop guidelines for stress management techniques and take plenty of rest.3
Home Remedies For Optic Neuritis In some cases, optic neuritis will get better on its own and no treatment will be required. However, managing the symptoms and avoiding inflammation is often necessary to help improve the condition or prevent them from worsening.
Symptoms can be managed through several methodologies. This involves
Conventional Treatment: This involves the use of steroid medications and plasma exchange therapy.
Natural Remedies: Some patients don’t want to go for steroid treatment and look for alternatives. Natural remedies are one of the best-recommended options in the treatment of optic neuritis. Some of the remedies you can try are
Soybean Milk– The anti-inflammatory activities of soybean help in relieving pain and treat inflammation. Regular intake of soy milk can perform brilliantly in treating an inflamed optic nerve.
Carrot And Spinach– Enzymes are in fruits and vegetables are good for vision health. They are rich in antioxidants and helps to treat the situation of Optic neuritis to a huge extent.
Barley Brew For Optic Neuritis– Barley is a rich source of nutrients like selenium and magnesium that helps electrical impulses travel from the eye to the central nervous system. This is found to be a good cure.
Include these food items to your diet and create a difference in your disease.
- Coping with Multiple Sclerosis Vision Disturbances https://www.healthline.com/health/multiple-sclerosis/vision-disturbances
- Coping with Multiple Sclerosis – Cleveland Clinic https://my.clevelandclinic.org/ccf/media/files/Neurological-Institute/mellen-center/coping-with-ms.pdf
- Living with Optic Neuritis- Dealing with Doctors, Optic Neuritis, and the Effects of High Dose Steroids https://www.centerworks.com/living-with-optic-neuritis/
- Optic Neuritis Symptoms and 5 Natural Remedies https://draxe.com/health/optic-neuritis/
- Effective natural remedies to treat optic neuritis https://www.onlymyhealth.com/health-slideshow/effective-natural-remedies-to-treat-optics-neuritis-1462273432.html
- Optic Neuritis or Retrobulbar Neuritis: Epidemiology, Causes, Signs, Treatment, Tests
- Does Optic Neuritis Show Up On MRI & Can Eye Test Detect It?
- Can Stress Cause Optic Neuritis & Does It Cause Headaches?
- What Is The Difference Between Optic Neuritis & Optic Neuropathy?
- Can You Have Optic Neuritis In Both Eyes & Does It Always Lead To MS?