Misaligned teeth are a common problem that many people suffer from. However, with advanced orthodontic treatments, they can well be brought to an alignment. For long, the traditional, heavy and metal braces and other headgears have been used for this purpose. Fortunately, things have changed; people are switching towards the more comfortable, convenient and fast working braces for misaligned teeth.
Though braces are a common term, many people possess misconceptions regarding these braces. The type of braces that is best for them, which are the teeth braces that work the fastest, when they should start wearing them and for how long they should be wearing them are some of the most common questions that come to the mind. Hence, it is a must that you know about the different kinds of braces, which teeth braces work the fastest, and determine what would be the best for you.
What are the Different Types of Teeth Braces?
There was a time, when the only type of available and popularized braces was the metal braces. However, the dental technology and treatment methods have advanced, giving more effective braces that work faster and are more convenient. Some of the different types of braces are:
- Metal Braces: The traditional form of dental braces is the metal braces. Metal brackets are glued to each tooth and the braces pull the misaligned teeth to proper alignment. These are the cheapest of all types of teeth braces.
- Ceramic Braces: Instead of the metal braces, ceramic teeth braces or brackets are used to attach to the teeth. These are less visible on the teeth; hence, can be worn by those, who are more concerned about their looks. These are not as strong as the metal braces as the ceramics tend to break easily in comparison to the metal braces. However, they are more convenient because of the colour.
- Lingual Braces: These braces are attached behind the teeth. These are more expensive than the metal braces or the ceramic braces.
- Damon Braces: These might look similar to the metal teeth braces, but they have a slight difference in the fact that the Damon braces do not need rubber bands to adjust the braces. The wire of the braces can slide through the braces that make these braces a preferred choice for many.
- Clear Braces: As the name suggests, the clear braces are not visible and they match with the colour of the teeth.
- Smart Braces: One of the most recent braces in the dental technology are the smart braces. They provide easy measurement and information that help you to get the results faster and remove the braces faster.
- Invisalign Braces: Virtually invisible, these are clear plastic teeth braces. The Invisalign braces are like plastic moulds or trays that can be attached to the teeth and removed as required while eating, drinking or brushing and flossing.
Teeth Braces That Work the Fastest
The type of teeth brace that work the fastest are the fast acting braces like Invisalign braces or the Six Months Smiles braces that can perform the task of bringing your misaligned teeth back to alignment within six months. Though the Invisalign teeth braces are very useful for those, who are grown adults and are shy of using the traditional braces due to public appearance, they also require you to make sure that the braces are worn at least for 22 hours a day.
The Invisalign teeth braces will work fastest if they are removed only during having your meal or brushing or flossing the teeth. Just as you have to visit the dentist to adjust your traditional braces to tighten the grip, the Invisalign teeth brace requires you to change the trays once in every two weeks to have the maximum results. The dentist will customize the trays for you.
Other Factors While Selecting Teeth Braces
Now that you have known about the different types of braces and the one that works the fastest, you need to consider the other factors that might influence your choice of braces. For that you need to consider a number of factors. They are –
- Type of Malocclusion: There are different types of malocclusions that one might suffer from. These include –
As you see a dentist, the dentist will determine the type of malocclusion that you have and thereby recommend the type of braces that suit you best.
- Personal Concern about Braces: There are some people, who are not too worried about how it looks to be wearing the braces. They are fine with the metal braces on their teeth and hence, can always go with the metal braces. However, if you are concerned about the visual appeal, the ceramic braces, lingual braces or the Invisalign braces are a better choice. The amount of time consumed by the metal or lingual or the Invisalign braces are almost the same in correcting the malocclusion.
- Price: Though it is a known fact that everyone would go for the invisible or the less visible type of braces if they are given an option, the hindrance would be the price. Since the lingual braces and other invisible braces as well as the Invisalign are way more expensive than the traditional metal braces.
- What Kind of Teeth Need Braces
- Home Remedies for Whitening of Teeth With Braces
- How to Get Rid of an Overbite Without Braces?
- What Kind of Teeth Need Braces?
- Does Invisalign Work Faster Than Braces?
- How Long Does Invisalign Take to Straighten Teeth?