“Everyone wants to have a smile that shines white!” Teeth whitening can be much easier when followed some essential home remedies like taking the benefits from baking soda. Coming to the teeth with braces, it is very much true that living with teeth braces is not comfortable at all; things that make one feel even more discomfortable is the yellowing of teeth with braces. So, here we are going to know about some effective home remedies for whitening of teeth with braces.
Teeth Whitening and Natural Home Remedies for Teeth with Braces:
If you are on teeth braces, you surely find it difficult to whiten your teeth, as the area where the braces are on over your teeth looks brighter or whiter while the area around it becomes yellowish and stained which gets difficult to clean. For this, you need to follow some real effective steps to whiten your teeth with braces. You would look for either the advanced medical treatments or may follow the natural home remedies for teeth whitening.
You are already living with braces, which could never make you feel natural about your teeth. Apart from this, wearing braces on teeth costs time, and money as well. Added to it if you are going for the advanced treatments of teeth whitening you are again adding up on your expenses. And also visiting a dentist, taking the advanced treatments for whitening of teeth with braces is more expensive. So why not try something natural at home which can be effective and be available at a cheaper rate? So, there are some most effective ways to whitening your teeth with braces at home which we will be discussing about in the following sections of the article; but prior to that we must take down notes on something more important. Make sure you are definitely visiting a dentist for thorough consultation and professional advises if you are running through any of the following issues with you, so as to prevent from any risk.
- If you have worn down or if you have weak teeth enamel
- If you have highly sensitive teeth
- If you have any gum disease or even any mouth disease.
Tips to Follow at Home for Whitening the Teeth with Braces:
- Get the Appropriate Toothbrush for Teeth with Braces:
It is essential to consult with professional orthodontist for proper suggestions and make a buy on the appropriate orthodontic brush for brushing teeth with braces. These toothbrushes do have V-cut bristles so as to help get through the wires for much better cleaning of the teeth. There are also other kinds of toothbrushes which is called a proxy brush. Your doctor would suggest the appropriate toothbrush for whitening of teeth with braces and that would depend on the kind of braces you have.
- Go for the Teeth Whitening Toothpastes:
Teeth whitening toothpastes keep a great importance in whitening your teeth when done regularly. You can get the best whitening toothpastes in most of the drug stores and super markets.
- Teeth Whitening Strips can Help in Teeth Whitening at Home: Teeth whitening strips can also be used to whiten your teeth with braces. However if you have braces on both your top and bottom rows of teeth then you cannot make use of the whitening strips.
How to Clean Your Teeth with Braces?
Here below are some steps to follow for effective cleaning of your teeth with braces:
- First of all make sure you are brushing your teeth after every meal.
- Before you start brushing, swish some mouthwash around your mouth so as to loosen up any food particle.
- Add toothpaste to your toothbrush and bring your brush to the mouth and with your tongue move the toothpaste to your teeth so as to prevent it from falling off when hitting the wire of the braces you have on your teeth
- Angle your toothbrush upward and downward through each section of your mouth and get a thorough clean.
- Brush in a circular motion so as to dislodge any food particle
- Then rinse your mouth again with a mouthwash properly.
- It is recommended to brush for at least 2 minutes. However if you are with your braces, then it is good to spend some extra time with brushing for better results.
Essential Home Remedies for Whitening the Teeth with Braces:
Apart from the regular brushing, we have some other ways to whiten the teeth with braces. Check out some of them below.
- Oil Pulling: This is an ancient Indian home remedy used to enhance oral health and cleanse the body. All you need here is take one tablespoon of pure, organic oil and swish it all around your mouth for at least 15 to 20 minutes. After rinsing, spit out the oil and rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Take 2-3 glasses of water soon after it.
- Eat Strawberries: Strawberries are known to benefit dental health by whitening the teeth because of the presence of an enzyme called Malic acid and the vitamin C. The astringent present in strawberries help us remove the surface stains, and the vitamin C in it helps in washing away the plaque. You could simply eat the strawberries by properly chewing with your teeth or can mash them down and brush with it twice a week for having positive results in teeth whitening.
- Eat Crunchy Fruits and Vegetables: Crunchy vegetables like carrot and fruits like apples, celery etc act as natural toothbrushes. By simply eating them you can clear out most of the bacteria and food debris present in the teeth and help the teeth whiten up naturally.
- Baking Soda and Lemon: Baking soda with the citrus of lemon juice is considered as one of the best natural home remedies for teeth whitening. Brushing of teeth with this solution at least once a week can give you some real effective results in whitening of teeth
- Floss Your Teeth Twice Daily: It is good to lay emphasis on flossing. Floss your teeth at least two times a day and have the best results in removing the stains between your teeth and help your teeth look whiter
Some Other Additional Tips to Whiten Teeth with Braces:
Here below are some of the additional tips you need to keep in mind so as to have a clean and whiten teeth when you are with your braces:
- Reduce the sugar intake as much as you can. Sugar causes plaque to build up at a quicker rate and that’s why if you have the braces you definitely need to minimize the sugar.
- Be very much careful with the electronic toothbrushes. If your gums have already turned tender from the regular use of braces then these electronic toothbrushes might be uncomfortable for you.
- Ignore the whitening products which may break down the cement on your braces. Apart from this, as your teeth remain covered with braces at some of its portion, you may end up whitening your teeth in an uneven manner when braces are removed.
Now, if you are really concerned about whitening of your teeth with braces then one of the smartest advise would be to wait until you get your braces removed off after which you can go for serious whitening of teeth. Else if you are going for teeth whitening while the braces are on your teeth then you might end up with yellow spots on your teeth when braces are removed. Till the time your braces are on your teeth you simply need to brush your teeth properly as mentioned in the article and take the very good care of your teeth by avoiding sugar and eating strawberries, crunchy fruits and vegetables and following other essentials for betterment of teeth and the mouth as a whole.
- Shine Your Teeth Naturally
- Bruxism (Teeth Grinding): Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Lifestyle Modifications
- How to Get Rid of an Overbite Without Braces?
- What Kind of Teeth Need Braces?
- Teeth Braces that Work the Fastest
- Does Invisalign Work Faster Than Braces?
- How Long Does Invisalign Take to Straighten Teeth?