What Can Ease 'Burning Mouth' Syndrome?
Burning mouth syndrome is a type of medical condition which is characterized by burning sensation in the mouth, altered taste, pain in the lips or roof of mouth or throughout the mouth, chronic burning inflammation type sensation takes place. It affects tongue, lips, gums and cheeks that treatment becomes very significant in best possible time frame. It is important to know what can ease burning mouth syndrome, to be able to manage the condition better.
What Can Ease 'Burning Mouth' Syndrome?
Although, many mouth problems persist, mouth burning syndrome can be very troublesome. The roof of the mouth especially, feel burning sensation and sudden refluxes are experienced in overall cheek lining. The treatment also depends upon the condition or cause, because of which this problem has occurred. At times, problem is in the dentures you are using, so by replacing them you can get a relief from mouth burning issue. For any underlying medical conditions or nutritional deficiencies causing burning mouth syndrome, certain medicines and vitamin supplements may help. These are best taken after proper evaluation and with medical advice.
However, when burning mouth is a minor problem, some home remedies can help. Know what can ease burning mouth syndrome and protect your health.
Specific treatment for this condition may depend on specific causes, if any. Here are some ways to ease burning mouth syndrome effectively.
- Saliva replacement - There are products and oral medicines by which saliva replacement is possible. The saliva replacement medicines can help to ease burning mouth syndrome.
- Oral rinse - Oral rinse products or oral analgesics or anesthetics are beneficial to ease burning mouth syndrome. By using oral rinse liquids, acid refluxes and bacteria growth are reduced.
- Capsaicin - This is a kind of a pain reliever, which comes from chilli peppers and very useful in removing burning effects from saliva content.
- Medications – Certain medications like nerve pain relievers and antidepressants work as sedatives and control the burning sensation. They produce numbness in the body by which inflammatory effects reduce and can ease burning mouth syndrome. These medicines are best taken with your physician's prescription.
- Cognitive therapy - This is a behavioral therapy that is helpful in treating several types of mental functions. In some cases, hormone changes, anxiety, depression and stress can cause problems. Cognitive therapy and stress relieving methods can help ease burning mouth syndrome by controlling such issues.
Ways to Ease Burning Mouth Syndrome
Some of the ways to ease burning mouth syndrome are given below.
Hydrate Your Mouth
If you are suffering from burning mouth syndrome or BMS and dry mouth is a constant problem, hydration can help. It is important to take more fluids and plenty of water to keep your mouth hydrated. It is necessary to avoid soft drinks, juices caffeinated and alcoholic beverages. Alcohol free mouth wash may be advised to preventing burning affects.
Alteration in Medicines
Certainly some medicines like blood pressure regulators, acidity regulators or pain relievers can cause burning mouth syndrome. Sometimes, by consuming such medicines regularly, you may start feeling dryness in mouth and uneasiness, which concludes to inflammation in mouth lining. This can be prevented by changing the salt of the medicine, with medical advice.
Iron, zinc, vitamins and riboflavin deficiency creates several health hazards. It can cause soreness and burning in the mouth. Physicians usually advise multivitamin and mineral supplements to manage nutritional deficiencies, thus helping to ease burning mouth syndrome.
Home Remedies That Can Ease Burning Mouth Syndrome
Here are some effective home remedies to ease burning mouth syndrome.
Manage Your Sleep
Sleeping disorders be one of the cause of burning mouth syndrome. It is necessary to regulate sleeping pattern in order to get the comfortable lifestyle. Sleeping disorders, insomnia, etc. must be treated in time to ease burning mouth syndrome and prevent other health problems. Adequate quality sleep at night helps digestion but can also ease burning sensation in mouth.
Drink Honey and Lemon
This is a very common but effective therapy that gives relief to several problems. Early morning detoxification is beneficial. Good digestion, cleansing of stomach and effective detoxifications helps to relieve gastric problems and acid refluxes. Eventually, honey and lemon both have acid regulating properties that can ease burning mouth syndrome.
Eat Plenty of Fruits and Liquids
Drinking plenty of water is essential for natural detox. It not only helps to relieve from the negative effects of acid reflux, but it also promotes better digestion and hydration. Having water first thing after waking up is beneficial, in addition to having it during the entire day. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses each day, more during summers and after exercises. Include fruits, with water and fiber content to improve your digestion. Fruits are a great way to hydrate yourself as that can ease burning mouth syndrome.
For mouth burning syndrome, you can use alternative treatments and oral rinse, with your physician's advice. If the condition is minor and other problems like burning tongue, pain in gums, ulcer formation and black patches are not significant, switching to special toothpaste and home remedies can ease the burning mouth syndrome.