In a situation where hormonal imbalance has become quite common primarily due to consumption of fast food and junk food, the repercussions are massive. Therefore, some of the basic problems include ingrown hairs especially among women.
But there are some ways in which these ingrown hairs come out to be pretty common.
Causes of Ingrown Hair
The following factors are held responsible for ingrown hairs and can lead to potentially major problems:
- Skin infection.
- Use of razor.
Treatment of Inflammation Resulting From Ingrown Hairs
If the inflammation resulting from ingrown hair has affected you, following are some easy home remedies, which help in the betterment of your skin. Check out the tips mentioned below for good skin health and getting rid from skin inflammation:
- Mix corn starch with water and apply on the area affected by inflammation due to ingrown hair, this mixture soothes your skin and removes the marks of ingrown hair pullout and alleviates inflammation resulting from ingrown hairs.
- Cucumber helps in removing the marks and symptoms of ingrown hair. Use frozen cucumber, which are cut into slices and keep these on the area prone to develop ingrown hair. Wash the area with cold water after 20 minutes. Do this remedy on a daily basis till this ingrown hair problem is cured.
- Using potato juice or peels helps in making your skin brighter, nourishes it, and alleviates inflammation resulting from ingrown hairs.
Easy Ways to Get Rid of Ingrown Hairs
Ingrown hairs are very prevalent in the bikini area in which hair does not come out of the skin but grows back as a result of curling up. These ingrown hairs appear as raised bumps on the skin and may often lead to formation of a pimple. In fact, in many situations, the ingrown hair even leads to formation of pus in that area resulting in pain and growing infection. Getting rid of these ingrown hairs is possible with the help of some home remedies and you can get a clear skin with time. Medications also prove to be very effective but it is better to take a natural course for healing your skin and replenish the moisture that your skin looses because of ingrown hairs.
Here are some ways through which you can heal your skin naturally through some oils and other ingredients, which are present in your kitchen. So check out the ways in which you can heal your skin in a natural manner.
Magic of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is great for your skin both taken internally as well as through topical application. You can use coconut oil in many ways to get rid of that hair under the skin. Check out multiple benefits and different ways of this natural oil, which delivers the benefits without any side effects:
- Use coconut oil in place of body lotion by warming it through palm rubbing and then applying it on the area where ingrown hairs develop. Doing this regularly helps in getting rid of ingrown hairs.
- You can also scrub out the dead skin by mixing the coconut oil with sugar and rub this gently on the skin which has ingrown hairs.
- If you wish to make your coconut oil thicker and rich with nutrients then add more weight to it by mixing few drops of almond or olive oil. This imparts a rich texture to coconut oil and makes it more moisturizing for your skin. Ingrown hairs become more prominent when your skin lacks moisture or is excessively dry; and this oil mix can deliver the required level of hydration to make your skin hair grow in a natural manner and prevents ingrown hairs.
- Before shaving any part of your skin, rubbing your skin with coconut oil helps in smoothening it. You can apply the coconut oil and leave it for a few moments and then start the shaving procedure. When you are done with shaving, apply coconut oil again to keep the dryness away and to prevent ingrown hairs.
Use Good Exfoliation
Exfoliation is essential before shaving as it keeps the skin soft and makes it more suitable for shaving and prevents any rashes and redness. You can try various exfoliators made of ingredients from your kitchen and here are some effective recipes for a home-made scrub which are as follows:
- Mix sugar with few drops of olive oil and rub it to your skin with gentle movements. Rub your skin with this mixture before shaving and enjoy smooth skin thereafter. You can also rub this mixture on the area of ingrown hairs to get rid of them.
- Epsom salt is also a great skin exfoliator and can be used in unison with sugar and oil. The method of application is the same and you will get rid of ingrown hairs and have a comparatively shinier skin.
- If you have nothing from the above list, then opt for a gentle pumice stone and rub the skin after wetting the area. This removes the dead skin cells and the ingrown hairs and makes the skin smooth, which is the pre-requisite for a hassle-free shaving and makes the area more amenable for hair removal process.
- Loofah can also be used for exfoliating purpose. Apply some soap on the loofah and gently rub the area with ingrown hairs. This is a quick procedure for making the skin soft and free from any ingrown hairs and dead cells; and after shaving, it decreases the possibility of ingrown hairs.
Take Warm Bath
Taking warm water bath before a hair removal process helps in skin softening and opening the pores so that hairs can be removed more easily and thus prevent any ingrown hairs. If you can’t take a warm bath, then simply dip a towel in warm water and put it on your skin. Let the hot towel remain at that area for few minutes and then start with your shaving process to prevent ingrown hairs.
Tweezers work well for ingrown hairs, but use this tool very carefully to avoid any skin damage and marks. When your hair length is considerably long to be pulled out, use the tweezer to remove it and immediately apply moisturizer so that your skin remains free from any mark.
Using Baking Soda
Use the baking soda with water and apply it on the skin, which gets affected by ingrown hair. After the application of this solution, let it dry and then wipe it off with wet cotton. This solution works as a good skin exfoliator and helps in getting rid of ingrown hairs and removes the dead skin, which is considered a major reason for an inward hair growth.
Honey keeps your skin supple and softer and provides a unique kind of radiance too. Your skin becomes prone to ingrown hairs when it remains dry and lacks enough moisture. Honey is a savior in such cases and moisturizes your skin well and nourishes it with its properties and prevents any ingrown hairs.
Use Tea Tree Oil
Diluting tree tea oil with water helps in keeping the skin healthy and when used effectively helps in treating ingrown hairs. If you get bumps as a result of ingrown hair, application of tea tree oil has promising effects. Regular application of tea tree oil helps in getting rid of ingrown hairs and makes the skin smoother and better.
The above tips are very effective and safe for treating ingrown hair along with improving the skin texture as well by making it smoother with regular application of the above remedies.