What is a Nightfall?
Nightfall is nocturnal emission which is mostly accompanied by erotic dreams. This makes a person experience nocturnal ejaculation of semen during sleep.
As a boy reaches puberty there are changes that take place in the body. There is a growth of sex organs and changes in hormones. This results in spontaneous orgasm and is also known as a wet dream or nightfall.
The frequency of these emissions varies from person to person. It can be frustrating as well, as the person fails to understand the reason and is not able to share this problem with the friends and the family members.
Some people experience it in their early years while a few, throughout their lives.
What Causes Nightfall?
Nightfall is common at a younger age as at that time the boys mostly abstain from sex. But if it occurs frequently, it can affect the body adversely.
The reason behind the occurrence of nightfall is:
- A weakness of nerves, congested prostate and inability to control emotions. These are considered as the primary reason for frequent nightfall.
- Those performing self-stimulation frequently or having sex can experience nightfall
- It can also be due to the effects of tranquilizers, high blood pressure medicines, and sedatives.
- Lethargic lifestyle, diabetes, obesity, sedentary lifestyle, low libido, stress, anxiety, depression, also contributes to the frequency of occurrence of nightfall.
- Early sexual relationships is another reason for this condition.
Symptoms and Indication of Nightfall
The most common symptoms of nightfall are weakness, tiredness, and exhaustion. Also, the person might experience the following symptoms:
- Burning sensation during and after urination
- Dripping of semen
- Early ejaculation
- Cramps in leg and back
- Difficulty in concentration
- Vivid dreams
There are a few myths related to nightfall:
Shrink In The Size Of The Penis: There is a wrong belief that the people suffering from nightfall have a reduced penis size. There is no truth in this.
Nightfall is Incurable: It is often said that this condition cannot be cured, which is not a truth. A person suffering from it should consult a sexologist and get treated accordingly.
Treatment for Nightfall
There are various home remedies and lifestyle changes that can improve the condition. These treatment techniques bear no side effects on the body as well.
- Exercising regularly and jogging can help keep the mind and body fit. It also helps relieve stress.
- There are various yoga postures and mindfulness techniques that can help the feeling of anxiety, depression, and stress.
- It can also help keep the blood sugar levels under control and help get rid of obesity.
- Exercises basically cover most of the causes related to this condition and are therefore a must for early treatment of nightfall.
- A well-balanced diet helps strengthen the body and make it more responsive to medication.
- Avoid milk before going to sleep. Have at least 2-3 bowls of yogurt in a day.
- Eat plenty of fruits to prevent zinc and vitamin A deficiency. Eating amla also helps in reducing the nightfall, as it contains antioxidants.
- Sage tea is also helpful in reducing the chances of nocturnal emissions. 2 cup of sage tea can be taken in a day.
- Bathing just before going to bed also helps in reducing the occurrence of nightfall. It helps relax the body and give you a sound sleep.
- Sleeping well is important for avoiding nightfall.
- Watching porn or reading books with sensuous content should be completely avoided.
- Excessive porn watching or reading, arouses you sexually which is not recommended for treating nightfall.
- There are various ayurvedic herbs which can be used along with the other methods to reduce nightfall.
- Shilajit and ashwagandha help in correcting sexual problems and boost energy levels.
- Triphala can also be used to treat nightfall. It provides nutrients to the body which may get lost due to excessive ejaculation.
Consult a doctor if the condition is bothering too much. He might be able to judge the best treatment.