If you are pregnant or breast feeding, ask your doctor if Nasacort nasal spray is safe for you. This medicine is not to be given to children below 2 years of age.
How Effective is Nasacort Nasal Spray?
Nasacort nasal spray is a corticosteroid medicine that contain triamcinolone which helps in effective prevention of substances release that cause inflammation in the body
Prior to Taking Nasacort Nasal Spray
If you are allergic to Nasacort nasal spray, do not use this medicine. You must ask your doctor and pharmacist if this medicine is safe for you to use. Also tell them all your other medical conditions as well, mainly:
- Cataracts or glaucoma
- Active tuberculosis or any other type of infections
- Recent nasal injury or surgery
- Nasal ulcers
How to Use Nasacort Nasal Spray?
This has to be used as mentioned in the label or as advised by your doctor. This medicine is not to be used in smaller or larger amounts when not needed. You must shake the medicine before using it.
Steps to Use Nasacort Nasal Spray
Gently blow your nose. Insert the tip of the bottle into one nostril after keeping your head upright. Close the other nostril with finger. Breathe in and slowly spray the medicine. Follow the same step for the other nostril as well.
- Regular Nasacort nasal spray dosage is one time in a day 1 to 2 sprays in each nostril.
- After spraying the medicine in each nostril do not blow your nose for at least 5 minutes.
- Nasacort nasal spray medicine is not to be used more than one time in a day.
- Make sure the nozzle of the bottle clean always. Instructions will be provided to clean the nozzle.
- If the Nasacort nasal spray has been unused for 2 to 3 weeks then spray 1 to 2 times into a tissue.
- This Nasacort nasal spray is not to be shared with any other person as it might cause in spreading disease or germs.
- Keep the Nasacort nasal spray away from heat and moisture and store at room temperature. Close the bottle tightly when not in use.
- Read all medication guides, patient information and instruction sheets given to you. If you have any questions ask your pharmacist or doctor promptly.
- If your symptoms do not improve even after a week’s time of treatment, or if you have fever with headache, skin rash or cough, call your doctor immediately.
What is the Recommended Dosage of Nasacort Nasal Spray?
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis – Regular Adult Dosage
Nasacort Nasal Aerosol
2 actuations of Nasacort nasal spray in each nostril one time a day and this can be increased to 4 to 7 days to up to 4 actuations in each nostril one time a day or 2 actuations two times a day in each nostril or even 1 actuation in each nostril four times in a day
Nasacort Nasal Spray
Nasacort nasal spray one time in a day 2 sprays, after symptoms are controlled titrate to lowest effective dosage. Regular maintenance dosage is one spray one time a day in each nostril.
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis – Regular Pediatric Dosage
Nasacort Nasal Spray
2-5 years – Nasacort nasal spray one time a day 1 spray in each nostril.
6-11 years – Nasacort nasal spray one time a day 1 spray in each nostril. Maximum dosage is one time a day 2 sprays in each nostril, after symptoms are controlled titrate to lowest effective dosage.
12 years and above – Nasacort nasal spray one time a day 2 sprays in each nostril. After symptoms are controlled titrate to lowest effective dosage. Maintenance dosage is one spray one time in a day in each nostril.
What are the Side Effects of Nasacort?
If you experience any allergic reactions to this medicine such as hives, swelling of lips, face, throat or tongue or have any difficulty in breathing call your doctor immediately.
Get immediate medical assistance if you have the below severe side effects of Nasacort nasal spray:
- Flu symptoms, chills, fever, body aches.
- Tunnel vision, blurred vision, seeing halos around lights, eye pain.
- Nasacort nasal spray can affect growth in children. Therefore if your child is not growing at a normal rate you must tell your doctor.
Here are few of the common side effects of Nasacort nasal spray
- Burning or mild stinging in nose.
- Sneezing after using Nasacort nasal spray.
This is not the entire side effects list, but other side effects might also occur. You must ask your doctor about advice on side effects of this medicine. You can also report your side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088