Jublia or efinaconazole is used only for external purpose and not for intravaginal, ophthalmic or any other form of oral usage. This solution is used only on toenails and skin around it.
While using jublia or efinaconazole you must avoid all kind of nail polish, pedicures and the usage of other cosmetic nail products.
It is important to follow all the guidelines mentioned on the package and label of jublia or efinaconazole. It is important to tell all your doctors treating about all your medical conditions, allergies and all the medications you are taking.
How Effective is Jublia?
Jublia also known as efinaconazole is a medication for antifungal that effectively prevents and fights diseases formed due to fungus.
Jublia or efinaconazole is also used for effective treatment of onychomycosis, which is toenail fungal infection.
Jublia or efinaconazole is available in solution form which is clear and near to yellow color and is available in white plastic bottle which also has a brush for the application.
Points to Know Before Using Jublia
If you have any allergic reactions to jublia or efinaconazole do not take this medicine.
FDA pregnancy category C: It is important to tell your doctor if you are planning to become pregnant or pregnant at the time of using jublia or efinaconazole as it is unknown if it could harm the unborn baby.
It is important to tell your doctor if you are breast feeding your baby as it is unknown if the solution passes through breast milk to the feeding child.
Jublia or efinaconazole is not to be given to children without a doctor’s advice.
What is the Recommended Dosage of Jublia?
Treatment of Onychomycosis on Toenail – Adult Dosage
It is important to apply jublia or efinaconazole solution to the affected area of the toenail one time a day for 48 weeks.
- The brush inside the package must be used for application.
- While using this solution you must completely cover your toenail bed, toenail folds, toenail, hyponychium and the entire surface under your toenail plate.
Jublia or efinaconazole solution is used only for effective treatment of onychomycosis (toenail treatment) that is caused by T mentagrophytes and Trichophyton rubrum.
What are the Side Effects of Jublia?
In case you have any allergic reactions to jublia or efinaconazole solution such as swelling of lips, throat, face or tongue, difficulty in breathing, or hives, call your doctor and get immediate help.
Also call your doctor if you have any of these reactions from jublia or efinaconazole:
- Swelling of the toenail especially affected area, itching on the infected area or severe redness.
Other common side effects of jublia or efinaconazole solution are:
Other Medicines or Treatments that can affect Jublia
There are very less chances of having any side effects due to taking any other drugs or medicines or injections while applying jublia or efinaconazole. However, there are chances of drugs interacting with each other. This is the main reason why you need to tell all your doctors about all the medicines you are taking which includes over-the counter medicines and prescribed medicines and supplements as well.
How to Use This Solution?
- Jublia or efinaconazole solution has to be used as per your doctor’s advice. It is important to follow all the guidelines mentioned in the package or label. Jublia or efinaconazole solution should not be used at any smaller or larger quantity as prescribed by the doctor.
- Jublia or efinaconazole is normally to be applied to the affected region for 48 weeks, one time a day (this is 11 months approx.)
- It is important to wash, dry and apply jublia or efinaconazole to your toenails.
- It is important to apply this solution to entire toenail and over and below them as well. Jublia or efinaconazole should be dried up before you put on your socks or shoe.
- Wait at least 10 minutes to take a shower or bath after applying jublia or efinaconazole solution.
- It is important to ensure you do not put jublia or efinaconazole on any other parts of your skin other than toenail, the affected area.
- If your symptoms are getting any better daily or worsening using jublia or efinaconazole, get immediate medical assistance.
- Use it for the complete 48 weeks as prescribed by doctor. The symptoms will improve well ahead of the course end.
- Do not freeze jublia or efinaconazole and store it away from moist and heat at room temperature in a upright position
- Close the bottle tightly and store when not in use.
- Jublia or efinaconazole is a flammable solution so do not use or keep it near open flame or heat. Wait for the gel to completely dry after applying it on your toenail before you smoke.