Prevention of Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria
One can save himself/ herself from Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria by following the below mentioned preventive practices:
- Buy yourself an antihistamine dose before you are exposed to cold temperatures to prevent Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria.
- Regularly take your medicines as recommended by the doctor.
- Protect yourself with correct gears while swimming; wear warm clothes before going out in winter.
- Do not drink cold drinks to protect your throat from a cold infection.
- Always keep epinephrine auto injector (Epipen, Auvi-Q, others) as recommended by the doctors with you to protect you during sudden cold attacks.
- Tell your doctor about your medical conditions of Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria if you are going to go through a surgery. Doctors will take care of the same during the operation.
- Avoid allergens to prevent or keep away from Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria.
- Avoid swimming in cold water to prevent Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria. Swim in warm or hot water. Check the water temperature before getting in to it. Tell any of your friends to keep a watch on you if you have tendencies of hypersensitivity.
- Do not go out in severe cold if you have tendencies of hypersensitivity which causes Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria.
Natural Treatments for Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria
Natural therapies of healing are beneficial in treating Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria. Here is a list of natural therapies for a greater relief from Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria:
- Take warm bath to remove the severity of rash on the skin. Warm water will provide relief to the red spots caused in Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria. A heating pad can be used in these affected regions to calm the itchiness due to Cold Induced Hives.
- Protect your body with layered warm clothes during clod seasons to escape from sudden attacks of cold.
- Use aloe-vera for its herbal benefits. It has excellent healing qualities to heal the cold affected skin. It calms the itchiness of the skin and cures the redness. The medicinal qualities of aloe-vera work great on the Cold Induced Hives.
- Drink green tea to gain all the rich antioxidants. Green tea helps to cure the Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria and works on the swellings.
- Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria increase due to stress. So you have to try the stress releasing techniques to attain relaxation. Listen to stress releasing music to attain a calm mind.
- Add oats to your meal. Oats work magically on the red spots caused by Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria. You can bath with oat water to get relief from the itchiness of Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria. All you need to do is soak some raw oats in water and bath with the same water. The softness of the skin is enhanced with such bath.
- The welts caused due to Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria often open up and spread due to scratching. It may happen intentionally or unintentionally. Wear gloves to restrain yourself from scratching, not even unintentionally.
- Add lots of fresh fruits and vegetable to your daily diet which contains vitamin C. Vitamin C is great for skin softness.
- Ginger is another magic herb to fight Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria. It restricts the flow of blood to the capillaries and thus blocks the formation of hives. You can take it in any form. You may even add it to your tea and have a tasty and healthy drink during winter months.
- Vinegar works wonderfully on the welts of Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria. It reduces the swelling and cures Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria. Diluted white vinegar when applied to the affected regions with cotton does excellent healing. You can mix water and white vinegar and put the solution in refrigerator. You can apply the solution with cotton anytime you feel itchy or irritated. It brings a quick cooling effect and relief to the itchiness.
- Stress is one element which increases the severity of Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria on the skin. The more you worry about the medical condition, more will be the complexities. Practice breathing techniques, meditation, yoga and asana to attain mental peace. Keep yourself away from anxiety and worries. Meditation brings the mind in control and hence you can restrict your mind from wandering unnecessarily. A calm mind brings quick healing.
- Drink chamomile tea for a calmer mind. This tea has stress releasing qualities. It soothes the skin and establishes mental peace and equilibrium. It is very easy to prepare a cup of chamomile tea. Boil water and put the leaves of this herb in it. Let it boil for some time. Strain it after sometime to get the liquor. You can add sugar or honey to it to get additional flavor. People who drink this tea regularly often take it without any additional flavor.
Healing Time for Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria
When attended immediately, the Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria heal in around 7 days. Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria attacks young adults more and often clears up completely after some years.
Yoga for Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria
Yoga asana have been effective in controlling Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria.
Practicing of surya namaskaras can help you in fighting against Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria. Body produces sweat when it performs surya namaskars and faces the newly rising sun. The sweat has to be dried by performing Shavasana.
People who practice yoga asanas have increased blood circulation in the area of their face and head. Asana like Cobra Pose, Plow Pose, Fish Pose, Triangle Pose, Child Pose, and Shoulder Stand yoga poses increases the content of oxygen in the body.
Note: You should start the yoga sessions only once you are recovered from Cold Induced Hives or Cold Urticaria. It is also recommended to get the yoga training under a professional and then practice them daily at home. Take a 15 minute break before starting yoga so that your body and mind it relaxed.
Contact your doctor before starting any yoga classes and ask him/ her if you are ready for these sessions.