Do your heart a favor; do take care of your heart while travelling!! Heart is indeed one of the most significant organs of our body and the paramount importance it holds cannot be denied in any particular situation. Be it a high phase of our lives or a low phase of our lives, an organ that is greatly affected by the fluctuations or disturbances going on in our life is our heart. Thus, it is very important to take proper care of the heart especially for cardiac patients as they are on a high risk of getting a heart attack in the near future.
Travel Tips for Cardiac Patients: How Soon Can You Fly After a Heart Attack!!
Here in this piece of appraisal, we bring to some of the most important travel tips for cardiac patients; how soon you can fly with after a heart attack. Although, it is but obvious to consult a doctor about the precautions that needed to be taken after a cardiac arrest and to follow the same in order to avoid any further mishap. But in case, you are planning to travel to a different country and have experienced a heart attack a while ago, then it is becomes utmost important to discuss with your family doctor regarding the time constraints needed to be followed and also the suggestions that need to be employed throughout the flow of your journey.
We bring to you some of the essential and useful travel tips for cardiac patients that are surely going to act as a catalyst in the smoothening of your journey to the pinnacle of its potential. Some of the tips that are necessary on the level of planning have been enlisted below: –
- Cardiac patients should consult your doctor weeks before the commencement of your journey and go ahead for a regular check up as that will give you an idea of the current condition of your heart. It is important to be acquainted with your health in order to deal with the situation accordingly.
- Cardiac patients should take note of the prescribed medications and the methodology of consuming the same on a regular pattern during their travel. The dosage should be as instructed by the doctor and not according to your own will. Do not skip the dose in the excitement of your travelling experience. Remember, if your health allows you to explore the place, then only you will be able to do so.
- Coming on to the question of how soon can you fly after a heart attack? Well, the answer to the same differs according to the health condition of the cardiac patient. After an arrest of electric cardiac catheterization, the doctor gives the allowance to fly just after a few days of the occurrence of the heart attack. Patients who have been operated after a cardiac arrest and a pacemaker is placed in their hearts and have also witnessed pneumothorax, they are advised to wait for at least two weeks in order to board a flight to a different country.
- Healthy and efficient travel tips for cardiac patients also suggest that the patients should inform the airport authorities and the staff about their cardiac arrest history so that in case of some adverse conditions, actions on the same could be implanted instantly as well as vigilantly. It is suggested to carry a spray of glycerine trinitrate (GTN) while boarding the plane and throughout the flow of the journey. In case, the patient has a placed pacemaker, then it is advised to carry a valid identification card and do notify the staff present at the airport about the health condition.
Other Useful Travel Tips for Cardiac Patients to Make Your Journey Simple and Hassle Free
- While commencing the journey on the flight, it is essential to keep in mind all the necessary instructions that have been given by your doctor. The medications may require a permission letter to be carried so you can obtain the same from your family doctor and show the same to the airport faculty before boarding the flight.
- During the proceedings of the journey, an efficient health tip for cardiac patients is to be active and responsive. In case you feel uneasy even for a minute then do not hesitate to inform the staff about the same as they will help you out in giving prominent medications for the particular health condition.
- Cardiac patients should keep a note of your prescribed medications including the brand as well as the generic name so that you can find the same in a different place if your stock has been over. It is important to not miss any dose during the onset or end of your journey as medicines are to be taken on time and not to be kept unnecessarily in your bags.
- Right and appropriate travel insurance is also very necessary that will help the cardiac patient cope up with any unexpected condition during the phase of your itinerary. It is better to take precautions than going for the never ending cures. Why to make cardiac arrest an obstacle while travelling? Thus, follow a regular schedule and eat healthy food during travelling to make your travel experience as a cardiac patient stress free and hassle free.
- It is advised that in a different country or a different city, cardiac patients should stay in specialized and equipped accommodations that are embellished with the basic amenities and easy to reach in case of any unexpected condition. Travelling as a cardiac patient is not difficult at all if the precautions are kept in mind and the medicines prescribed by the doctor are taken on time fulfilling the right amount of dosage required by your body.
- It is advised that cardiac patients should not go to any hilly areas alone or indulge in activities that are too forceful and require a lot of energy to be accomplished. In case you have undergone a cardiac arrest recently, it is suggested to involve in activities that your body allows you to do in a calm and serene environment.
Travel tips for specific cardiac patients are different and the needs of different patients also distinguish from each other so, it is necessary to give the due amount of importance to your needs and requirement according to your health condition.