Watch 3D Video of 10 Best Yoga Poses for Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis can be defined as disease condition that leads to weak, brittle and thinning bones, which greatly increases the risk of bone fractures. Osteoporosis means “porous bone.” Osteoporosis causes loss of bone mass and deterioration of bone density, which greatly increases the risk of bone fractures. The bones become so brittle in osteoporosis that even a simple fall or minor injury can cause bones to fracture. Osteoporosis is also known as “silent disease” or “silent thief.” Many of people with low bone density are women. Women are at four times higher risk to develop osteoporosis than men.
Many research studies worldwide have shown that yoga can prevent or slow down, and in some cases even reverse the process of osteoporosis. Strengthen your bones with yoga poses for osteoporosis that are proven to be helpful for osteoporosis.
These yoga poses for osteoporosis in addition to providing reduction of stress and a mild workout, they can also be an effective treatment for osteoporosis, either on its own or supplemented by other treatments. Dr. Fishman said that practicing yoga did not cause any serious injuries or fractures in the subjects of his research. “Yoga seems to be safe and effective,” he says.
If you want to promote good bone health and ward off osteoporosis, start up with following 10 Best Yoga Poses for Osteoporosis therapeutic yoga practice.
10 Best Yoga Poses for Osteoporosis
- Tree Pose or Vrikshasana
- Triangle Pose or Trikonasana for Osteoporosis
- Warrior Pose or Veerabhadrasana (Virabhadrasana)
- Side-Angle Pose or Parsvakonasana
- The Revolved Triangle or Parivrtta Trikonasana for Osteoporosis
- The Camel Pose or Ustrasana
- Downward Facing Dog Pose or Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Supta Padangusthasana or Reclining Leg Stretch
- Marichyasana for Osteoporosis
- Savasana or Corpse Pose for Osteoporosis.