- A healthy spine is critical to your well being. “If you would seek health, look first to the spine” – Greek philosopher Socrates.
- The spine is one of the most important organs of our body. It provides structure and support to the body and one would not be able to stand up or keep themselves upright without it.
- Yoga poses or asanas when practiced consciously decompresses the spine, providing a feeling of space. In some situations, yoga can even help remove pain from different spine conditions like scoliosis, herniated discs, and also general low-back pain.
Let’s take a look at the following mentioned different movements of yoga for the spine, and how to practice them and navigate them safely and effectively.
Along with healthy lifestyle and recommended diet to improve your overall health and well being, you should do the following 19 yoga poses for a strong and flexible spine.
19 Yoga Poses for a Strong and Flexible Spine
- Butterfly Variation for a strong spine
- Bharadvajasana to strengthen the spine
- Merudandasana variation 1 for flexible spine
- Merudandasana variation 2
- Bhujangasana variation 1 for spine strengthening
- Bhujangasana variation 2
- Bhujangasana variation 3 for a strong and flexible spine
- Bhujangasana variation 4
- Bhujangasana variation 5 for spine flexibility
- Ustrasana for spine
- Naukasana for spinal cord
- Setu bhandasana for flexible spine
- Ardha Chakrasana
- Naukasana on hands for spinal strength
- Makarasana for spinal flexibility