Surgical Treatment for Calcaneus Fracture or Broken Heel:
Types of Calcaneus Fracture or Broken Heel:
- Non Displaced Fracture.
- Displaced Fracture.
- Comminuted Fracture.
- Compound Fracture.
Surgery for Non Displaced Fracture:
- K-Wire placement.
- Repair of nor-displaced fracture using Screws only.
Surgical Treatment for Displaced Calcaneal Fracture:
- Repair using K- Wire and Screws.
- Repair of displace calcanean fracture with plate and screws.
Treatment for Comminuted Fracture:
- Comminuted fracture is treated with plates of different shapes.
- Screws are fixed once the Plates are placed in location.