Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Acne
All of us try every medicine and all home remedies to get rid of acne and get a clear, healthy and glowing skin. Putting anything on face is acceptable if it helps get rid of acne or pimples. But no one has wondered that one might be able to fight acne with yoga.
As per Ayurveda, yoga is one of the biggest remedies for severe acne. There are several reasons why yoga relates to acne and many other skin problems. Yoga poses when practiced properly helps in purifying the blood which helps in getting rid of acne.
Yoga also helps acts as a major stress buster and one of the biggest reasons for the occurrence of acne is stress. One can get rid of stress related acne with the help of yoga. With the practice of pranayamas, deep breathing techniques, stress is relieved and hence acne are treated.
Not only does yoga help in relieving stress, flushing out toxins out of the body but it also helps in regulating the flow of blood in the body which helps in the treatment of pimples. It also helps people with hormonal disturbances by regulating the secretion of hormones from the respective glands.
Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Acne
Uttanasana Or The Standing Forward Fold
Uttanasana is one of the yoga poses which stretch all muscles in the body. In addition to the stretching the muscles this yoga pose improves the flow of blood towards the head and flushing of toxins thereby help in getting a good glow and also helps in getting rid of acne.
Steps To Practice Uttanasana Or The Standing Forward Fold to Get Rid of Acne
- Stand straight on the yoga mat and get into Tadasana.
- Bring your arms towards hips and make your hands rest on your hips.
- Take deep breath or inhale deeply and expand your chest while inhaling.
- While exhaling, fold your body starting from the hips and move forward. In this position, your upper body or torso will be perpendicular to the legs.
- Keep bending your body further forward and make your hands touch the floor on the side of your legs.
- It will loosen your hamstring muscles over a period with practice.
- If you are not able to touch the floor with the hands, do not strain. Just go as far as you can without pain.
- Stay in this pose for a few breaths or for as long as you can.
Trikonasana Or The Triangle Pose
Trikonasana helps improving skin quality and texture. It helps in promoting blood circulation towards your face. One must practice this yoga pose for 5 minutes a day to get your skin rid of acne and dullness.
Steps To Practice Trikonasana Or The Triangle Pose to Help Get Rid of Acne
- Stand in Tadasana on the yoga mat.
- From Tadasana, step the feet just over a leg length apart.
- Now from this position, turn the right foot 90 degrees to the right and the left foot slightly toward the right foot.
- Make sure that your heels are pressing the ground and the weight of your entire body is balanced and distributed on both of your feet.
- Raise the arms to shoulder height and extend the arms parallel to the floor in such a way that your palms are facing down.
- Bend your body towards right while exhaling deeply and make sure to not bend the body. The spine should be straight in this position.
- While keeping your body straight bend your right knee and lift your left hand up and let your right hand touch the ground.
- Allow your head to be in a neutral position in such a way that your gaze is fixed on the left palm while practicing Trikonasana.
- Release the pose by coming back in upright position and practice the asana from the opposite side.
- Practice the Asana three to four times from both sides.
Kapalbhati Or Skull Shining Breathing Technique
Kapalbhati helps in the regulation of breath and helps in relieving stress. Kapalbhati when practiced for around 5-10 minutes everyday helps gets rid of stress and calms the mind, body and soul. Once you are at peace, the pimples will fade away.
Steps To Practice Kapabhati Pranayama
- Sit in any comfortable meditation asana.
- Recommended asanas are Sukhasana, Padmasana or Siddha yoni asana.
- Try to sit in Padmasana if you can while practicing Kapalbhati as it is considered most effective.
- Make sure you keep your head and spine straight and your hands must rest on the knees in either chin or jnana mudra.
- Close the eyes inhale and exhale deeply and relax the whole body.
- Inhale deeply through both nostrils while expanding the abdomen and exhale with a forceful contraction of the abdominal muscles.
- Do not strain yourself while breathing now.
- After the forceful exhalation, the next inhale must contract the abdominal muscles and should be spontaneous with the exhale.
- The exhalation is forceful; the inhalation does not require any effort while practicing Kapalbhati pranayama.
- Practice for 5 minutes in a day preferably in the morning.
Pawan Muktasana Or The Wind Relieving Yoga Pose
One of the most common reasons of getting acne is indigestion or constipation. This yoga pose is very helpful for people with chronic indigestion and constipation. This yoga pose helps in relieving constipation which helps in taking the waste out of body, once the waste is out of body, the pimples start disappearing from the skin.
Steps To Practice Pawanmuktasana Or The Wind Relieving Pose For Acne
- Lie down on you back in Shavasana or The Corpse Pose.
- Bend both the knees and bring the thighs towards the chest and try to touch the thighs to the chest to practice Pawanmuktasana or The Reclined Wind Relieving Pose.
- Interlock the fingers of your hands and clasp the hands outside the knees while stretching the legs towards the chest.
- Keep breathing deeply in this position. Stay in this position for a few breaths.
- While holding the breath, raise your head and shoulders from the ground.
- Now, from this position try to raise the head from the ground and touch the right knee with the nose.
- Practice the same from both side for 10times.
Sarvangasana Or The Shoulder Stand
Sarvangasana is considered one of the most beneficial asanas to get healthy and glowing skin and also to get rid of acne. It helps and redirects the flow of blood towards the head which helps in flushing out toxins from the body and give a healthy glow.
Steps To Practice Sarvangasana Or The Shoulder Stand
- Lie on the floor or on the yoga mat.
- Raise the legs to an angle of ninety degrees to get into Sarvangasana or The Shoulder Stand Pose.
- Press the floor with your palms, lift the torso and bring the legs forward. Make sure you keep them vertical to the ground while getting into Sarvangasana or The Shoulder Stand Pose.
- Bend the hands, hold the waist with the palms, balancing and raise the legs to an angle of ninety degrees to the floor.
- Make sure your entire body and legs should be in a straight line and stand vertically to the floor.
- In the final Sarvangasana or The Shoulder Stand Pose, the whole weight of the body should be resting on both the shoulder blade and adjust if you feel that weight is being held by only one shoulder or if it is not straight.
- Rest the elbow on the floor with palms supporting the body while in Sarvangasana or The Shoulder Stand Pose.
- Maintain the pose a few breaths or for as long as you can in Sarvangasana or The Shoulder Stand Pose.
- Your eyes should see the toe nail and your legs should not move.
- Lower the legs toe and back. Take the hands from the back and place it on the floor. Briskly bring the back to the floor, the legs and lie down.
- After finishing two rounds do Shavasana or The Corpse Pose for a few breaths.
Halasana Or The Plough Pose
Halasana helps in getting rid of indigestion and constipation. This yoga pose helps in relieving constipation which helps in taking the waste out of body, once the waste is out of body, the acne start disappearing from the skin.
Steps To Practice Halasana Or The Plough Pose
- Lie on your back on the floor or on the yoga mat.
- While lying make sure that your arms resting beside the body and the palms facing towards the ground.
- Raise your legs and bring them over the head to rest behind the head in such a way that your feet at an angle of 180 degrees and your back is perpendicular to the ground.
- Make sure that your back is straight and not rolled in this position.
- Hold this yoga pose for a minute while maintaining a constant breath
- Bring your body back in original position while exhaling without putting a strain on the legs.
- Practice this pose for a few breaths and come back to lie in shavasana for a few breaths.
This yoga pose bends the body from the torso giving a good stretch. It helps in elevating the facial contours and also in getting a nourished and healthy skin. Helps clear out harmful toxins from the body and gets rid of acne.
Steps To Practice Bharadvaja’s Twist
- Sit in seated staff pose or Dandasana.
- Both the legs should be extended on the ground and keep your spine straight.
- Bend your left leg and bring the foot close to your pelvis like in Sukhasana or the easy pose.
- Bend the right leg and take the heel to touch the right hip like in Veerasana or the Hero Pose.
- Lengthen your spine while staying in this pose and take a few deep breaths.
- Twist your torso to the left side while exhaling.
- And bring your Right hand and fix your forearm in front of your bent right knee/leg.
- Inhale deeply at this point.
- Take your left hand behind your back and rest the palm on the ground or the yoga mat.
- Keep breathing deeply.
- Practice this for as long as you are comfortable.
Matsyasana Or The Fish Pose
This yoga asana helps in getting rid of many disorders. This yoga pose helps in getting healthy skin by regulating the secretions of hormones like that of the thyroid, pineal, and pituitary glands. This yoga asana helps in getting rid of thyroid disorders. Matsyasana or the fish pose gives a good stretch to the muscles of the face and throat.
Steps To Practice Matsyasana Or The Fish Pose
- Lie flat on your back on the floor or on the yoga mat.
- Keep your hands relaxed alongside the body while practicing Matsyasana.
- Place your hands under the hips in such a way that the palms are facing down. Bring your elbows closer towards each other.
- While Inhaling, lift your chest and head up.
- While keeping your chest elevated lower your head and touch the crown and top of your head on the ground.
- While practicing Matsyasana when your head is touching the floor.
- Now, slowly lift your elbows and have them rest on the ground in such a way that the pressure is on the elbows and not on the head.
- Lift your chest between the shoulder blades as high as you can.
- Press the thighs and legs to the floor/ if you are in Padmasana, then press the folded legs to the floor.
- Hold this position for 30-40 seconds or as comfortably as you can.
Bhujangasana Or The Corpse Pose
Bhujangasana or the corpse pose helps to relieving tension, stress and fatigue. It also helps in skin rejuvenation by increasing the lung capacity which helps the lungs in carrying and sending more oxygenated blood to the organs which in turn helps the body to flush out toxins from the system.
Steps To Practice Bhujangasana Or The Corpse Pose
- Lie prone on the floor or the yoga mat i.e. on your stomach with the top of your feet and chin resting on the floor.
- Legs should be kept close together with the heels and feet lightly touching each other.
- Place your palms facing downwards.
- While inhaling deeply, gently raise your head, chest, and abdomen up while keeping the navel and pelvis touching the floor.
- Take your shoulders back and down in such a way that the head is tilted backwards and the chest is opened forward while practicing Bhujangasana.
- Focus your gaze upwards towards the ceiling depending upon the flexibility of your neck and spine or till where you can bend backwards.
- Raise your body upwards till your arms become straight on the ground.
- Stay in this position for as long as you can.
Ustrasana Or The Camel Pose
Ustrasana or the camel pose is an intense back bend which helps in opening the rib cage. It also helps in increasing the lung capacity. Which helps the lungs in carrying and sending more oxygenated blood to the organs which in return helps in getting rid of acne and pimple outbursts.
Steps To Practice Ustrasana Or The Camel Pose
- Sit on the floor and get into Vajrasana on the floor or on the yoga mat.
- Stand on your knees with the hands on your sides.
- In this position, both the knees and feet should touch each other.
- One can also keep a little distance between both knees and both feet depending upon your comfort.
- Lean a little backwards in this position while practicing Ustrasana in such a way that your right hand grasps your right ankle and the left hand grasps your left ankle.
- Do not strain or over exert while taking your hands to your ankles and go as far backwards as you can.
- Stay in this position for as long as you can.