Caffeine & Its Cardiovascular Effects: Can Caffeine Cause Chest Pain?
About Caffeine & Its Cardiovascular Effects
Caffeine whether it is in the form of an energy drink, coffee, or tea is safe to use if consumed in moderation. Excess of caffeine can adversely affect the cardiovascular health of an individual. Caffeine tends to contract the blood vessels and thus promotes symptoms like chest pains, hypertension, and other cardiovascular diseases.
Immediately after consuming caffeine, there may be a slight increase in blood pressure and heart rate due to temporary constriction of blood vessels but this is generally seen in people who are not regular consumers of caffeinated beverages.
However, a study has shown that moderate consumption of caffeine does not affect heart health in any way and in fact has some health benefits but again it should not be consumed in excess as then it may start affecting the overall cardiovascular health.
Can Caffeine Cause Chest Pain?
The answer to this question is yes. In some cases where an individual relies on caffeine heavily and is prone to drinking caffeinated beverages in excess then it may lead to a variety of symptoms like fast heartbeats, insomnia, and even chest pain.
Individuals who have a history of GERD may have worsening of their condition after consumption of caffeinated products the symptoms of which may mimic chest pains.
Thus, some individuals who have an extremely fragile immunity system may have chest pains after consuming caffeine. There have been some rare cases where caffeinated drinks have led to an individual having severe chest pains and a myocardial infarction as a result of drinking caffeine but such incidents are few and far between.
An immune fragile individual may have chest pain with excessive consumption of caffeinated products; however, there are no reports to suggest that moderate or little consumption of caffeine have been related top chest pains.
- Caffeine Overdose Symptoms: What Happens if You Drink too Much of Caffeine?
- Myths & Facts about Caffeine
- How Much Caffeine is Considered Safe & Does Decaffeinated Coffee Contain Zero Caffeine?
- What is Caffeine & Is There Anything Such as too Much Caffeine?
- Is Caffeine Addictive|Does Caffeine Cause Weight Loss or Bone Loss|Is Caffeine Safe for Women, Children
- Is There a Link Between Caffeine Intake & Breasts Lumps?
- What is Caffeine Intoxication or Caffeine Overdose & How is it Treated?
- What Is The Relationship Between Pericarditis And Caffeine?