How To Strengthen Heart Valves Naturally?
A regular exercise program helps in carving a good outlook of the body. Also, the program also helps in improving the overall health and offer protection to the critical organ of the human body - your heart.
The human heart is excellent equipment that is capable of pumping around 2000 gallons of blood every day. On an average, the heart beats approximately 100,000 times a day. Therefore, it is essential for you to maintain strong and healthy heart. Although you understand the importance of exercise, you may fail to realize that only proper routine training is capable of strengthening the heart valves naturally.
Healthy Heart = Quality of Life
According to the American Heart Association, around 70% of the US citizens do not receive enough benefits even if they are following a regular exercise program. The reason is the improper exercises that a person performs during the activity. Additionally, sedentary life is the primary contributor to developing coronary artery disease.
Coronary artery disease develops due to the accumulation of cholesterol, fatty substances, and calcium, which clog the arteries. Due to this, the heart fails to receive the oxygen supplied by the blood. Over a period, coronary artery disease reduces the strength of the heart muscle and results in heart attack or heart failure.
How To Strengthen Heart Valves Naturally?
A regular exercise program possesses the ability to strengthen heart valve naturally. Making it part of the lifestyle helps in:
- Reducing blood pressure
- Reducing stress
- Increasing circulation of blood
- Strengthening cardiovascular system
- Improving muscle strength and toning
- Improving joint flexibility
- Achieving stronger bones
- Maintaining proper weight
- Improved sleep
- Increased self-esteem.
The Best Activities To Strengthen The Heart
The following actions will be helpful in improving and strengthening heart valves naturally:
Interval Training - It is where you perform high-intensity exercises with the reduced recovery period. You can incorporate a broad spectrum of activities such as running, walking, rowing, biking, weightlifting, and treadmills.
Strength Training - You have to aim for achieving overall body strength using the assistant bands, body weight, and free weights or a combination of the three.
Avoiding Sitting For Long Periods - Even if you fall under the fittest people category, sitting for long periods can affect your health negatively. Make sure that you take time to walk for a minute or two for every 15 minutes.
Focusing on the Core - The core muscular structure is a combination of more than 25 muscles spread across the back, abdomen, and pelvis. They provide the foundation that helps in the movement of the entire body. Therefore, it is necessary to focus on the core to maintain their functionality.
Flexibility - Activities that improve the flexibility of the joints will prevent injuries and enhance the ability of the body to move and function appropriately.
Importance of Diet
Apart from the activities, it is also crucial for you to follow a healthy diet that prevents accumulation of fatty substances, calcium, and other minerals that clog the arteries. The following guidelines will be helpful in strengthening the heart valves naturally:
- Reducing the intake of sodium is essential to prevent heart diseases, health problems, and stroke. Keeping away from processed food is advisable.
- Consuming fresh fruits and vegetables helps the body obtain vitamins, minerals, and nutrients naturally.
- Learning to substitute good fats for bad fats will improve the condition of the heart. For instance, you can opt for olive oil instead of butter.
- Heart Attack or Myocardial Infarction (MI): Causes, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Treatment
- Best Android Heart Rate Monitor Apps
- Heart Healthy: Diet, Food, Cooking, Tips
- Does Heart Failure Qualify For Disability Benefits| Chances of Winning SSD for Heart Failure
- Can Running Cause Heart Attack?
- Effects of Excess Fructose on Heart and Other Organs
- Heart Murmurs - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment
- Heart Racing - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment