9 Amazing Beauty Benefits Of Beer
Throughout the world, beer is considered as one of the most popular alcoholic beverages. After tea and water, it is the third most consumed drink in the world. Not many people know that beer is great for your health as well, if it is taken in moderate quantity that is. Around 12 ounces for men and 10 ounces for women daily is considered as the moderate limit of beer intake. Moreover, beer has proven to be highly beneficial for skin and hair as well. It contains a high content of amino acids and antioxidants and thus helps to maintain glowing skin and dazzling hair. Beer contains yeast which is a good source of protein, iron, magnesium, zinc and B vitamins all of which are highly beneficial for the skin in various ways.
9 Amazing Beauty Benefits Of Beer
Below mentioned are the 9 amazing beauty benefits of beer for skin, hair and nails. However, it is to be noted that the excess use of beer on skin and hair can result in drying owing to its high alcoholic content.
#1. Beer for Shiny & Healthy Hair
Weak hair tends to break faster and appears lackluster and lifeless. In order to revive the lost strength and health of your hair, you can use beer. The major beauty benefit of beer is that it is an excellent hair tonic. Beer contains protein in the form of malt and hops, which help to repair the damaged cuticles of hair and nourishes the hair follicles. This leads to the strengthening of the hair and hence prevents the excess loss of hair. Another amazing beauty benefit of beer is that it has also proven to be beneficial in dealing with split ends.
- After washing your hair with shampoo, apply flat beer right from the roots to the ends of your hair.
- Use circular motions and massage your scalp for around five minutes.
- Now allow the beer to settle in for around five minutes and then wash your hair with water.
- Repeat this once or twice a week in order to obtain soft and silky hair.
In order to obtain flat beer, open a beer can or bottle and leave it open for some hours or warm up the beer in a microwave. However, make sure never to put beer bottle or can directly in the microwave. Pour it out into a bowl and then put it in the microwave.
#2. Beer Conditions your Hair
Hair, if conditioned well, looks dazzling and can be easily maintained. You don’t need to buy conditioners; all you need is a bottle of beer. Conditioning the hair is another amazing beauty benefit of beer as it provides natural conditioning to your hair. Beer, being rich in yeast and vitamin B, makes hair soft and dazzling.
- Shampoo your hair and then spray a small quantity of flat beer on your hair. Then allow your hair to dry. After your hair dries, they will look shiny and smooth.
- You can also spray a small quantity of beer on your hair and then blow dry it or style it. The beer acts as a leave-in conditioner for your hair.
- For rinsing your hair, mix one cup of each flat beer and water. Now add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and then use the mixture to rinse your hair after a shampoo wash.
- The beer smell vanishes when hair gets dried and thus you don’t need to wash your hair after the beer is sprayed on them.
#3. Beer Adds Volume & Moisture to your Hair
Apart from working as a good hair conditioner, another amazing beauty benefit of beer is that it also helps to replenish the lost moisture of the hair. Beer also helps to straighten curly hair. Moreover, beer adds volume to the hair. For curly hair, use only non-alcoholic and dark beer.
- Shampoo your hair.
- Coat your hair with dark and non-alcoholic beer.
- Let it sit for five minutes.
- Now wash your hair with cold water.
- Repeat this process at least once in every two weeks.
#4. Beer Helps in Skin Rejuvenation
Beer is rich in antioxidants, which help to fight the adverse effects that free radicals have on the skin and thus helps to prevent premature skin aging. Moreover, the vitamins and minerals present in the beer help in skin tightening and hence reduce wrinkles and other aging signs. So, one of the most lucrative and amazing beauty benefit of beer for the skin is that it has anti-aging properties.
- Mix one tablespoon of beer along with one egg white and 3-4 almond oil drops.
- Apply this mixture on your neck and face.
- After it dries off, rinse the beer mixture with warm water.
- Now pat your skin dry and apply your moisturizer.
- Apply this beer mixture at least once a week for a fresh and young skin.
#5. Beer Removes Dead Skin Cells:
Apart from moisturizing your skin and stopping premature aging of your skin, beer also helps to exfoliate the dead skin cells; thereby making your skin tone look even and bright. Due to its alcohol content, beer helps to clean the skin pores and stimulate the growth of new cells.
- Make a paste out of three ripe strawberries.
- Add one or two teaspoons of beer to it and now apply this mixture on your face by massaging it on your skin in circular motions.
- Leave this beer and strawberry mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash off this mixture using lukewarm water.
- Scrub the skin using this beer and strawberry mixture at least once in a week to scrub of dead skin cells.
#6. Beer Fights & Treats Acne
Another amazing beauty benefit of beer is fighting pimples and acne spots. Beer helps to treat and prevent pimples and spots. The froth present in beer possesses high antibacterial properties, which help to destroy the germs that cause acne. Beer also contains yeast, which helps to control the natural oil secretion of the skin, which basically leads to acne. Moreover, it also aids in maintaining the pH level of the skin.
- Take an egg and beat the egg white completely.
- Mix one tablespoon of each honey and beer.
- With the help of a cotton ball, apply the mixture on the acne influenced parts.
- Let the mixture dry and wash it after fifteen minutes with warm water.
- Apply this beer and egg white mixture once in a day to see your acne disappear.
#7. Beer Provides Softness to Your Feet
Giving you the comfort of foot spa at home is one more amazing beauty benefit of beer. The beer has the capability of providing you the comfort of foot spa at home. It contains yeast, which helps to make the skin of your feet smooth. Moreover, the alcohol present in the beer acts as an antiseptic; thereby protecting your feet from unwanted bacteria.
- Fill warm water in a small tub.
- Pour half of the beer can in the water tub.
- Soak your feet in it and scrub them.
#8. Beer Helps in Keeping Your Skin Well Hydrated
Beer possesses astringent properties and so it can clear the pores and remove the harmful toxic materials. Try a beer bath to get rid of these problems.
- Pour one or two cans of beer into a tub of warm water and add one teaspoon of olive oil.
- Now soak your body in the tub.
- Relax and enjoy your beer bath for rejuvenated skin all over.
#9. Beer Helps in Nail Strengthening
Another lesser known amazing beauty benefit of beer is its nail strengthening capacity. Beer is a good source of silicon; hence it helps in giving strong nails. Moreover, the selenium, biotin and potassium present in the beer help to provide strength to your nails and make them healthy.
- Take a bowl and add one tablespoon each of beer, apple cider vinegar (unfiltered) and slightly warm olive oil.
- Mix all of them properly.
- Now soak the nails in this mixture for around 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat this process twice or thrice a week to have healthy and strong nails.
So, now that you are aware of the 9 amazing beauty benefits of beer; include beer in your daily beauty regime and see its amazing beauty benefits!