Salmon fish is popular for its health benefits and normally tops the list of healthy foods. Rich in omega-3-fatty acids, eating salmon is believed to provide great skin and health benefits. Eating salmon is considered as healthy dietary choice and is usually recommended by nutritional experts. It is important to know about the benefits of eating salmon and add it your list of healthy recipes.
Salmon is a popular name of several species of ray finned fish and appears commonly in Earth water's. It is consumed in fresh cooked form. One of the most common traditional preparations of salmon cuisine is in smoked form. There are various types of species of salmon available such as pink, coho, chinook, Atlantic, chum and sockeye. It is not only tasty but also has several health benefits. Most healthy type of salmon dishes available is in baked, seared, boiled and grilled form.
Why Eating Salmon is Beneficial?
Healthy consumption of salmon fish is essential for the development of body. One can enjoy many health benefits by eating salmon fish regularly. Here are some of the reasons why eating salmon is beneficial:
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
It is one of the essential forms of fatty acids found especially in salmon fish. Omega-3 is essential for improving your skin and keeps your joints healthy. It also helps in reducing risk of heart diseases and aids in the development of unborn babies. Highest concentration of omega-3 is found in Atlantic salmon that contains 1.9 gm of 2-oz of salmon fish. It is highly recommended for adults and contains optimal healthy benefits.
According to various health recommendations, adults can have two servings of omega-3 in a week in order to stay healthy. Salmon fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and is beneficial in reducing risks of heart problems, joint problems and improve heart muscle functions as major health benefits.
Salmon fish also contains more than 58% of protein in 4 oz of servings. It contains crucial fatty acids that can help in the development of muscle tissues and promotes growth. The protein helps to maintain metabolism level and helps in promoting weight loss. One should consume salmon more than 2-3 days in a week if you want to stay strong and healthy. It can be served with steamed vegetables and can also help in easing hunger pangs.
Salmon is a rich source of various vitamins and essential required to maintain health and prevent illnesses. A 3-oz of baked salmon contains around 40% of Vitamin B-12, 30% of Niacin, 25% of B-6 and around 10% of pantothenic acid or thiamin. It also contains Vitamin-D that can help in the development of healthy bones and teeth while reducing risk of certain cancers and sclerosis. Benefits of eating salmon can be experienced by regular consumption to receive a regular dose of essential vitamins.
3 ounces of baked salmon contain around 50% of selenium that can help in fighting various heart diseases, mental problems, cancer and thyroid. It also contains around 20% of phosphorous which is essential for daily intake. Various benefits of phosphorous also help in keeping your heart and ensures healthy functioning of all organs, making benefits of eating salmon even more popular.
Health Benefits of Eating Salmon
Salmon is mostly popular because it contains high amount of Omega-3 fatty acids. In various studies, it has been found that omega-3 fatty acids in salmon food can be important in controlling inflammatory process, improving cell function and improving transfer of information between body cells with better brain functionality.
There are various health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids in baked salmon.
- Cardiovascular Benefits of Eating Salmon- Regular consumption of omega-3 fatty acids can be associated with reduced risk of various cardiovascular problems such as high cholesterol and triglycerides in blood, high blood pressure, stroke and heart attacks.
- Eating Salmon Can Help Improve Cognition and Mood - Many researches have documented the benefits of salmon in decreasing risk of brain related problems and decline cognitive function in old people. It can also help to improve memory and concentration in children and can help in reducing mood problems.
- Protects Bones and Joints - Recent studies have demonstrated the presence of small bio peptides in salmon that can help in protecting your joint tissues and bones.
- Eating Salmon is Beneficial to the Eyes - Regular consumption of salmon fish also helps in decreasing the risk of eye related problems such as dry eyes, macular degeneration and retina problems. 1-2 servings in a week can help in significantly decreasing risk of any eye infection while improving eyesight as well.
- Weight Management – A healthy dose of omega-3-fatty acids, makes salmon an important food that helps to lose excess weight and maintain health; an important health benefit of eating salmon.
- Reducing cancer risk – Some studies suggest that salmon intake can also help in reducing risk of cancers such as breast cancer, prostate cancer and colorectal.
Skin Health Benefits of Eating Salmon
Skin benefits of salmon are popular to maintain a healthy, glowing skin and fight aging that reflects on face and skin. Salmon is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids that is beneficial for keeping your skin healthy and wrinkles at bay. In various medical evidences, it has been found that salmon diet can be useful in keeping your skin tone even and also improves skin health.
Salmon contains exceptional levels of omega-3 fatty acids and can give you supple and glowing skin. It also contains carotenoid antioxidants and can help reducing skin aging while reducing the free radical damage on your skin. In order to obtain radiant skin, one should consume salmon for 3 times in a week.
Salmon has been recognized as a healthy and nutrient rich source of diet. Eating salmon had many skin and health benefits and is important for good health; you can try out different recipes with it. Salmon is best taken in the baked, steamed and grilled form with fresh baked or lightly cooked vegetables.
Salmon has various health benefits such as healthy skin, cardiovascular benefits, healthy joints and bones, improves cognition and brain functioning, eye benefits and also reduces cancer causing agents. It is a rich source of various essential vitamins and minerals that can help to keep illnesses at bay and improve your health. A healthy consumption of around 2-3 servings of around 20 gm of salmon can keep your body healthy and fit.