If you are suffering from pain caused due to gas, then it is time for you to wake up and find the appropriate solution. The occurrence of gas is common for a human being. On an average, a person passes gas at least 12 times in a single day. But, when things go out of hand, such as where the occurrence is repetitive and prolonged, you will have to seek immediate medical attention.
The reasons why you have gas are due to several factors. It can be due to malfunction in your digestive system, or excessive intake of air while eating food, and other health conditions that are preventing the release of enzymes that help in breaking down the food. Therefore, it has become necessary to understand the reason to find an appropriate cure in the form of medicines or dietary changes.
What are the Best Medicines for Gas?
In most of the cases, making dietary changes is helpful in reducing production of the gas. However, for a particular segment of population, the problem persists even after making the dietary changes. The reason could be due to an underlying health condition that is provoking the body to produce fewer enzymes, which results in the production of gas due to improper digestion.
The Following are the Best Medicines Which Might be Helpful for Treating Gas:
- Beano is useful and efficient in reducing gas, which you can add to beans or vegetables. To make it more effective, try to make it as the first bite.
- If you are suffering from lactose intolerant, supplements will be of immense help that will promote good bacteria for a healthy digestive system. You can also choose for lactose-free dairy products.
- Medicines containing Simethicone such as Gelusil, Mylicon, Mylanta, and Gas-X are helpful in breaking up the bubbles created in gas. They are widely in use across the globe, as they provide immediate relief. However, there is no scientific evidence that these medicines actually have a positive effect on gas and the pain experienced by the person.
- Consuming tablets containing activated charcoal before and after a meal is also helpful in preventing the development of the gas. Like the element mentioned above, no scientific evidence proves activated charcoal as a remedy in decreasing gas.
Some of the OTC & Prescription Medicines for Gas are:
- Gas-X is a best medicine for gas.
- Alka-Seltzer Anti-Gas
- Aluminum hydroxide / magnesium hydroxide / simethicone
- Mylanta Gas
- Maalox Anti-Gas
- Mylanta Gas Maximum Strength
- Gas-X Extra Strength
- Anti-Gas Ultra Strength
- Gas Aide
- Mytab Gas
- Gas Free Extra Strength
- Belladonna Tincture
- Baby Gasz.
The following factors will be of immense help and also act as the best medicines for curing gas:
- Identifying foods that are provoking the development of gas is of tremendous help. Vegetables such beans, onions, pears, peaches, sugar-free candies, asparagus, sprouts, and cabbage, along with whole wheat bread, cereals, milk and milk byproducts, beer, and carbonated drinks cause a steep hike in the development of gas. Avoid them at any cost.
- Keep away from fatty and fried foods.
- High intake of fiber content of also increases production of gas. Try to reduce the intake or temporarily put a brake on the consumption.
- Make sure to drink water and keep your body hydrated at the preferred levels. You also possess the option to choose different natural fiber supplements.
- With several options available for you to cure gas, it is necessary that you identify the underlying reason before opting for a medicine that cures gas. With the information provided in the above paragraphs, it will be easy for you to determine the cause of the gas that is troubling you for the past few days/months.